• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes in the Fort vs. Melee v1.81

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Grab a Hero out of the Altar of Storms or the Tavern. You can get a Farmer out of the Farmhouse to chop wood for you. The Melee AI is southeast of the fort you start in. They will stop at nothing to exterminate you from their land, except for the big gates, walls, and guardogs at the front gate. Defend your fort from the AI.

In the Altar of Storms, there are Melee Orc and Undead Heroes and a few new Custom Heroes. Some of the spells go up to level 4 or 5. I didn't take the time to improve all of the spells on this map. There aren't many custom models or icons on this map, aside from purple potions by GooS and an Arthas Model by Kwaliti.

As always, I'd like to hear your comments about my map. Please inform me of any errors or something I may have missed.

Keywords:
Slayer14, Fort, Defense, AI, Training, Hero, Heroes
Contents

Heroes in the Fort vs. Melee v1.81 (Map)

Reviews
01:32, 9th Jan 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected Terrain is very simple, gameplay isn't original.

M

01:32, 9th Jan 2011
ap0calypse: Rejected

Terrain is very simple, gameplay isn't original.

Level 15
Grab a Hero out of the Altar of Storms or the Tavern. You can get a Farmer out of the Farmhouse to chop wood for you. Their is a Human Melee AI southeast of the fort. They will stop at nothing to exterminate you from their land, except for the big gates, walls, and guardogs at the front gate. Defend your fort from the AI.

From the Altar of Storms, their Melee Orc and Undead Heroes and a few new Custom Heroes. Some of the spells go up to level 4 or 5. I didn't take the time to improve all of the spells on this map. There aren't many custom models or icons on this map, aside from purple potions by GooS and an Arthas Model by Kwaliti.

Incorrect use of their/they're/there is what I'm saying.

I didn't take the time to improve all of the spells on this map.

I'm hoping you will :)

Level 12
A couple of Grammar errors, but it's alright. Just be more careful next time.

Terrain is a bit too ordinary. Nothing spectacular and too rigid and organized. Make your terrain look more rugged and random. Place doodads in proper places and modify the landscape to make the terrain look more realistic.

Gameplay: Be more creative. Add more features to your game. Add random events or other innovative features.

Description: Improve your description please. Take some time to make a more descriptive and elaborate description. If you have a good description, players can know what it would be like to play your game, the basic features etc. etc. Include screenshots and titles and headers. Mention some game features and use colors. Use BB Codes to make your description better by bolding important or special features, or coloring words to make it look more attractive.

I hope to see your map improve the next time you submit it alongside with your description. But for now I'll rate it: 2.3/5

Level 10
Huh. That kinda sounds like it might take a while to do. It could help I really don't know what I would have for a random event.:huh:

About the grammar errors, I type kind of quick and make mistakes sometime. I'll look over the map.

EDIT 1:
I looked over the map, but I didn't find any grammar errors. I have tested this map many times and have never noticed grammar errors before. Could you show me where on map? I did see a few messed up descriptions on some of the Heroes and I'm not very good with terrain though.

EDIT 2:
So, what would the rating for this map be anyway?

Last edited:
Level 10
Description:1/5 Your description is small, uninformative and containing some grammmar flaws.
Terrain:1/5 Your terrain is lacking. It requires more height variations in the open land, try avoid blizzard cliffs to do that. The city needs more doodads, it is very empty.
Gameplay:1/5 Your gameplay is very lacking, it is virtually a melee map, and contains few custom spells.
Triggers:1,5/5, Your triggers leak, try not to use actions as "Wait" (Or any other that has to create a variable).
Units:0,3/5 The unit's are... Well... In-adequate... More units with larger variation from melee maps.
Running the math:1+1+1+1,5+0,3=4,8:5=0,96≈1
Rating:1/5 rejection
[/tr]