• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Heroes and Empires v7.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The great Heroes and Empires I is a very fun map that you can easily play 10 times running to get used to it and discover new tricks and abilities. A try is atleast worth it.

Basicly, in this map you are eithor a hero who goes around killing units and doing quests or an empire that builds houses, an economy, soldiers and even advance through history. As a hero you lose if all 10 of your lives are lost, as an empire you lose if all your units die.

The game is a great survival, you have to survive long enough to become strong enough to kill the super boss unit. Do not think this will be easy, as the final boss does not want to die so he sends out ever incresingly strong armies and heroes of his own, and with special events tries to get even stronger unless you stop them in time. Hopefully you will become stronger than what he throws at you or else the world is doomed. Do not think this will be easy however as other heroes might not agree to join you on your quest and might get more joy by killing you.

If the story is boring, you can always turn it into a PvP arena style game by voting it off at map int.

Tips
It will always start out Free For All, so ally with other players quickly via the "-ally all" command unless you want people to mindlessly lose lives.
A merc hero is pretty good early on, but the extra exp from freelancer eventually pays off power wise.
Never waste your time attacking other players that kill you easily, rather train and then fight back when you out power them.
As empire build a lot of houses and farms, since there is no limate in the number you can have and the advantages you will receive are great.
A good empire setting for an empire is 10 rations, 2-3 tax and about 10-20% people not relaxing.
As an hero, use your stat points as soon as you can as they really make a big difference in power early - mid game.
It is wise to max 1 stat at a time, as every 5 levels of the stat you get, the more stats it brings in per level.
Never panic and remember to ask for help if need be, diplomacy means a lot in this game.

This download is provided by The Hive Workshop.
Contents

Heroes and Empires v7.3 (Map)

Reviews
Dr Super Good: Very good map, fun and enjoyable. A bit slow but you are sure to enjoy it, atleast for a few games. This map should definatly be tried. Does get boring thou if played a lot.

M

Dr Super Good:
Very good map, fun and enjoyable. A bit slow but you are sure to enjoy it, atleast for a few games. This map should definatly be tried. Does get boring thou if played a lot.

Level 17
Nice map, but I have found defending my empire from the neutral raids very hard despite keeping a large army, high-tech towers and researches. The game takes ages to finish (we actually played it for 3 hours then quit because it started to get boring). Most of the players emoquit in the first 10 minutes because the game is a little more complicated than a melee game for your average Dota player, but everything should be self-explanatory since the tooltips tell your everything you need. I have played it three times so far, always started with maximum players and both three times there were only three of us left in the 20th minute..

I still think that everyone who likes the strategy/rpg genre should try this out at least once.

Level 4
yes it does have IA, and also there is some people who want to improve this map (like map), anyway the IA isn't others empires & Heroes but there is 2 others forces that fight and send waves to players, you can choose their difficulty at the start of the map.

Level 2
Nice map, but I have found defending my empire from the neutral raids very hard despite keeping a large army, high-tech towers and researches. The game takes ages to finish (we actually played it for 3 hours then quit because it started to get boring). Most of the players emoquit in the first 10 minutes because the game is a little more complicated than a melee game for your average Dota player, but everything should be self-explanatory since the tooltips tell your everything you need. I have played it three times so far, always started with maximum players and both three times there were only three of us left in the 20th minute..
You're right; this isn't Joe the DotA Player's map. However, that's one of the things i like about it. I dislike simple maps (and DotA but for a different reason), so this map is right in my field of interest :thumbs_up:
Quite a bit of common sense is also a prerequisite for being a successful empire.

Playing an empire takes a lot more practice than a Hero, but it is also a must to have a balance of the two. Pretty much the only way to win it in the end is to have the same number of empires as heroes so that the heroes can defend the empires and blow up the Obelisks when they show up, while the Empires all have enough time to get decent defenses so that they can hold the enemy patrols at bay while the allied heroes get in to the fray.

And yes it does take forever. The empires are amazingly underpowered at the beginning, meaning that their only chance for survival is to have a few good heroes (preferably warriors and archers) on call. However, if the empires can hold out long enough, Laser Soldiers and Wraiths (especially Stealth Wraiths) are amazingly effective.

I still think that everyone who likes the strategy/rpg genre should try this out at least once.

You're right; it is a real must-play.

Level 4
Gotta aggre with assassinv82 tough you can actually beat the game alone, or with only empires, heroes aren't so much needed you just need experience. Also the profile infantry is completely uberpower since it affect all the units you can have for most of the time, the truly way with infantray is to block at the start with a few units, build some defence to slow the enemy and an anti-heroes tower, then you RUSH to renaissance age, and you got the musketters costing 40gold & 200 wood with generally 600 hp at this point, and so you should be unbeatable at this point.

Level 2
found a new strategy (late game, as usual)
Aircraft profile
tech aircraft
the Tier 2 tech aircraft combines amazing attack speed and power with the SIEGE DAMAGE it takes to knock out a camp or an obelisk.
the Tier 3 tech aircraft combines speed, durability, and amazing firepower. My last solo game, i killed Kalenden with 2 flights of Tier 2 Barrage Fighters and 1 flight of Tier 3 Stealth Wraiths. (1 flight = 12 planes)
And that fleet took out all the initial defenders AND Kalenden.
And i hadn't maxed any upgrade tech.
Difficulty was normal or strong i think, so this isn't just a noob's way out.

The big problem with musketeers and the like is that they are useless against structures. This problem can be handled with heroes, but it's extremely inconvenient. (I mean, come on, i can kill an equipment camp or an obelisk with 6 heavy cavaliers and 6 heavy horse archers, but not with 60 Laser Soldiers. Even if i sent all 72 units in at the same time, the cavalry would destroy the buildings.)

Level 2
I remember playing this a while ago, before I took my hiatus from WarCrack. The version was avour v85.x -- Yes. Obviously a typo, so it should be around v8.5.

Anyway, this is a very good map, but mansions tend to lag. Lol.

Level 1
Good map, once I played as a Warrior Builder and I somehow got units converted rarely, like I had a Death Knight and a Dreadlord that was converted moving to attack the Warrior Builder then stops when it reaches the Warrior Builder.

Level 10
great map except that if any empire hire a hero, its gonna get like 6000 dmg in 20 min, and then they just rush in to your empire and kill all you got, while you still are in enlightment age.

and also as a hero its pretty boring to stand guard and not be able to leave the city because after 30 sec there is gonna come some kaelden's forces guy and one-hit all the buildings

so my final conclusion is (drums)
60/100
heroes are overpowered
Kaelden's forces are overpowered
empires are underpowered