• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Heroes and Empires v4.0 Advanced

Reactions: Vengeancekael

Starting Information

This is usually an all versus the ai type game but leaves room for pvp to. You start out by choosing your hero via dialog buttons. You may repick if you make a mistake by typing -repick (only available during Vote Time). You work, depending on your choice as you can choose to be either a hero or an empire, to achieve great strength. There are random events that occur around the map and creeps get harder over time. Destroy Power Obelisks when they are spawned or you will regret it! race against time! build roads and make your people love you, or drive them into the ground with nuclear war. build many units from the dark ages to the highest technological advances as you live, conquer, and eradicate any and all opposition at your own choice. as a hero you can choose a path of loneliness, or team up with an empire that will hire you for protection. In the end Kalendan is the common enemy that you must beat, but what's wrong with dispersing a few... adversaries, in the meantime?

The original map is not by me but by Lord_Squad and finallegacy.

Please give me ideas on more updates!
if it's very detailed i prefer email to messaging: [email protected]

This map is protected if mods would like an unprotected version plz email me and i'll mail you it.

New Version Released! 8/21/09

Changelog

-fixed a hole in kalendan's fortress for flying units to go through.
-fixed a leak in script regarding quest items making warcraft fatal.
-fixed a glitch regarding lumber harvesting.
-if you want to get rid of items around your gate to close it there is now an ability on the gate to remove local items.
-necromancers skeletons collision size reduced by 1/2
-house fire is now stronger based on difficulty.
-empires now lose 20 seconds after their last town hall is destroyed if they do not build another one
-some empire units/buildings cost more
-cargo wagon quest unit hp slightly increased
-if you attack an ally it will now set alliance status to enemy
-changed house models (most likely the lag issue late game)
-added a dialog confirmation when you want to do a quest that tells you the category of the quest.
-you no longer recieve income if your people are starving or they hate you.
-ally all now tries to ally people even if you have a truce with them. (didn't before)
-kalendan can now attack more enemies at once
-temple ability summon devil ability initial damage greatly reduced
-as the game progresses more "events" will take place.
-no map update required for warcraft update all previous versions still work

-added a new anti-theft system for items
-added new command -itemcheck <on/off> it is initially on but you may turn it off if you wish to give someone items that you own. Warning: ALL players are allowed to take your items while this is on.
-added new command -commands which gives you a relatively detailed list of most of the available commands.
-added new command -lives which tells you the remaining lives of all heroes
-added new command -sweatshop <color> which tells you the total number of trade points someone has recieved from the sweatshop.
-added new command -save <color> which can give another hero 1 life if they have 0 at the cost of 2 of yours
-workshops can now be built multiple times but will be unable to be upgraded into sweatshops if you already have one
-sweatshops are now rebuildable if your first is destroyed
-map name shortened in warcraft view
-made kalendens fortress walls unable to be flown over further balancing empires
-fixed host override being glitched out by other commands
-changed sweatshop random interval to change with difficulty
-the command -rename has been disabled due to possible server splits. if you would like to risk it the host (red) can type the command -enable rename
-made it so that if a player leaves all items owned by them are able to be picked up
-Rebalanced empires making workers and huts cost more and farms to produce less per farm

-added new skin for trader
-added new skin for warrior
-fixed many typos

-added new skin for wizard
-added new skin for monk
-added new skin for necromancer
-added new skin for ranger
-set wizard starting range to 400
-set necromancer starting range to 200
-created a new building for hero builder: workshop
-Workshop can be upgraded into Sweatshop which gives trade points
-Increased Vote Time
-Made a host override vote in case host wants to dictate difficulty
-Made a -repick if you accidently pick wrong button at start. -repick only works during vote time.
-Took units sold at camp leader and created a new mercenary man at the camps that sell them.
-Camp leaders now sell some new potions and campfires for people that didn't choose builder as their hero type.
-Increased kalendans HP
-Someone's vote is now announced to all players.

Keywords:
heroes and empires, heroes and empires, heroes and empires, heroes and empires advanced, heroes, heroes empires, empires, pvp, pve, custom, revolution
Contents

Heroes and Empires v4.0 Advanced (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Approved 15:12, 11th Jul 2009 PurplePoot: Rejected until you can provide written proof that you have the original author's permission to edit this (PM it to me). EDIT: Permission proven--reset to pending.
Level 1
Vengeancekael, you haven't played the game thoroughly if you don't know that it has quests.

You are also missing Balance in your ratings, for balance between options on a map is more important than anything else, a lack of balance means that the game gives you pointless options, like choosing to be a Hero. Choosing Hero in this map is pointless, because it requires an empire to level him to be as strong or stronger than an empire, and alone it'll take a hero several hours to win the game while an empire can beat the game in an hour flat.

The Combat, Sounds, and Terrain you've described are not Dethlord's doing. I don't agree on your terrain rating, as it feels to be a good, realistic type terrain to me. Well detailed without being cluttered, and well shaped, not boxed. But like I mentioned in the first play, they aren't his doing and shouldn't count in the overall rating though are good for reference.

The Gameplay well, it depends. Its easy to play, there is little challenge when you have experience and it quickly becomes boring. Now there's nothing wrong with a Faster Heroes and Empires, but there is something wrong with an easier one. HAE isn't meant to be soloable on God's Play, but it is, in Deth_lord's version. God's Play is supposed to take a well organized team of players to defeat. Its a Pro's mode, and not to be taken lightly. While you still have to be Pro to beat it, it doesn't take a team anymore. I wouldn't play the maps I play if I won on them every time, that quickly becomes boring.

If you like a game you can beat easily after playing it twice, then HAE Advanced is for you. If you prefer a challenge, something that's difficult to beat and takes real skill and luck to beat, then try HAE.

There, I have a true reflection of what I think of HAE Advanced as a Map in and of itself. For all the times I've said its ridiculously easy, it still has some merit.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The terrain in this map is fine, I would rate it at 4.5/5 as it fits the map perfectly, is great to look at for long periods of time and not get put off and does not give the most advanced pieces of graphic hardware a difficult time.

Yes it is not ground breaking, but its all about gameplay and not terrain. Most good terrains that achieve 5/5 are not even playable let alone allow RTS like play for empires.

Level 5
i could get you a copy but the one that finallegacy sent to me is corrupted (level info missing error when i open wc3 editor) so i have requested a resend and also a second version incase his is corrupted. Just waiting for him to reply with the maps :)