• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HeroArchNecromancer.BLP

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my ArchNecromancer skin created for my cinematic project ,,The Forgotten Heroes". Archnecromancers are elite undead casters able to create legions of unholy creatures.

The skin was made using GIMP, so sorry for its quality (it's also fault of my bad skills)

Nearly whole horse was made manually (except of hair). Other parts are combination of freehand, CnP and recolor.

Give credit if u use it. Don't modify it without my permission.

Tell me if u find anything which needs fixing.

UPDATE1:
Sorry that so late, I was busy during the week. It's not a final version but I had to upload today. Changes:
New hooves and flames above them and on the tail
Some shadowing changed, some added
Changed horse's robe and armor recolored
New details on archnecromancer's clothes
New medallion of archnecromancer
some parts made invisible
other lesser changes

Keywords:
undead, human, mage, necromancer, warlock, dark mage, mounted mage, archnecromancer, archmage
Contents

Hero ArchNecromancer (Texture)

Reviews
23:53, 26th Jan 2009 THE_END: Alright, let's make a list 1. recoloring almost everywhere 2. CnP almost..well alot of places 3. Bad freehand, no shading, no real details Make some freehand, some shading, and some details to make this better within...

M

23:53, 26th Jan 2009
THE_END: Alright, let's make a list
1. recoloring almost everywhere
2. CnP almost..well alot of places
3. Bad freehand, no shading, no real details
Make some freehand, some shading, and some details to make this better within 5 days or its ousted

Dan van Ohllus: Time's up, and still no changes.

Level 9
great skin...
and i love the idea with the flames...
but they arent very realstic and the style of them doesnt match to the rest of the skin.
looks a little bit like that a great skinner made that skin and an other lowskilled person just added this flames.
you made the whole this that gooooooood!
i think you can easly improve that flames

Level 8
great skin...
and i love the idea with the flames...
but they arent very realstic and the style of them doesnt match to the rest of the skin.
looks a little bit like that a great skinner made that skin and an other lowskilled person just added this flames.
you made the whole this that gooooooood!
i think you can easly improve that flames
Ok I'll work on it.

Thank you all for comments!

Level 8
Ok new upload nearly ready. I'm trying to it make more fitting to the model. Moreover I'm waiting for moderator's review cause he may find more things which need changes.
New upload contains:
-some parts of horse's ,,clothes" and armor changed into more evil color
-some changes in horse's tail (removed all yeallow from fire and some changes about the flames)
-completly chnged hooves and fire above them. Now it looks more like dradsteed's hooves:
http://i.thottbot.com/ss/o/38801.jpg

EDIT:Screenshot from wc3viewer, it is not finished yet so don't think the hooves should look like they do now. I didn't give in-game screenshot, cause this one contains more details
http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=archernbq2.png

Last edited:
Level 8
Ok I just want to say sth about moderator's review. It's truth that there's some recolor (archmage's clothes, some parts of his armor and face, also his wand), Yes, I'm not an artist and my freehand may be bad, but (I know I shouldn't question moderaror's words) only thing I CnP'ed are skulls from necromancer's book (they appear four times totally in the skin). I guess that it isn't CnP, when I have created a piece of armor and copied it few times, then changed a little in some parts (it wouldn't be a good idea too make all pieces manually, cause they would be too different) ;)

Of course I'll make an upload and try to fix what is wrong now, but don't expect I'm going to change the whole skin ;)

Last edited: