1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

hero_bloodelf2.BLP

Submitted by Omgpielol
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Second skin, it's almost all freehand with a little bit of the original model left over. I have no idea what it is, but it started out as some kind of Dragon in a "human" form. The chest piece was drawn by looking at hueter's astrologer skin and trying to recreate something similar with freehand, so credits to him for the inspiration on that. I removed the team colors because i think they look tacky and kind of ruin the skin's theme, criticism always welcomed.

Changelog
Update: apparently i never merged the layer I did the face on and it was on 0 opacity, fixed and added a better screen shot. Changed hair color to better suit skin as well.

Update2: Going to redo all the armor, get rid of blur add better shading and highlights, changed the cape(will probably go back to it just not sure what to do with it right now) and changed gloves from recolor to freehand.

Update3: Finally finished redoing the armor(mostly), probably going to redo the cloak if I ever get time and maybe change the chest more. Most of the blur is hopefully gone now, though i might of missed some parts. I believe the shading/highlights are also done better now.

Update4: Hair given highlights

Keywords:
Blood Mage, Kael, Blood Elf, Ice
Contents

hero_bloodelf2.BLP (Texture)

Reviews
20:52, 9th Dec 2009 67chrome: I feel bad for leaving this skin in the pending section for so long, but I can't seem to make up my mind on what to do with it. It needs more shading, and the details seem a little more blurred than they should be, this...
  1. 20:52, 9th Dec 2009
    67chrome: I feel bad for leaving this skin in the pending section for so long, but I can't seem to make up my mind on what to do with it. It needs more shading, and the details seem a little more blurred than they should be, this skin needs to be more refined and worked on to get approved. The pattern on the cape looks a little unusual as well, it could use a more dynamic design than the half-lightning bolt on blue it has, and it could use a design that could be shaded and blended into the cape better as well.

Dentothor: No changes made. Rejected until updated

2. -SiLcA-

-SiLcA-

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't see much from the pic...Still it isnt bad. 4/5

3. TheHunterKiller

TheHunterKiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks pretty nice, the image doesn't show much though. Looks like a frost mage or something.

4. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Nice. This can be Malygoses elven form.

5. Xezko

Xezko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    the idea looks nice, but this lacks shading and highlights in all the body. The face (that is obvioulsy not freehanded) doesnt fit with the hair color.

6. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    rather a recolor with some poor paintjob... i suggest you do a helluva more than that. or this might just as well go to the waste bin =/

and read tutorials on how to skin properly, here on hive tutorial section.

7. TurtleRacingCar

TurtleRacingCar

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    here comes the blur!

i agree

8. Xezko

Xezko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    still needing more shading and highlights on the entire body.

EDIT: Oh! i forgot to say, is reaaaaaaaaaaaaally blurry.

9. Neogecko

Neogecko

Resources:
    Resources:
    in my Opinion its too much blue the armor ist nice but his face could be a bit "warmer"

10. PsychoNerdial

PsychoNerdial

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the pattern on the back

11. malehkith

malehkith

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think it looks very similar to the vampires of the lichking, because of the grey face and the "cold feeling" when seeing him

12. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It's mostly recolor and simple brush strokes. You have to create some kind shape and learn how to shade it and ad highlights. There are plenty tutorials on Hive, Wc3C and all over Internet that could help you. You also have to be more creative when making skins, not just draw lines and recreate other people's work.

13. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Armor is crap if comparing to face. why can't we see the same definition as on face in the whole skin?

EDIT: Certainly redo completely the cape or omit it.

14. 67chrome

67chrome

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You seem a little unclear on what constitutes as freehand. The face, hair, ears and eyelids are not freehand. Other than that the rest of what you claim to have done yourself looks different. You need to shade this skin much more though, right now it is very flat. The cape should have some hints at vertical creases running through it as well, right now it seems like it has to little texture. Anyways, shading all around is called for, and I mean an incredibly noticeable difference of shading rather than a subtle touch up.

15. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    actually Chrome, a little sharpening of the face will do good and be enough if he manages to do the armor to be an equal eye-candy. right now armor is.. a blob o_O

16. Tallulah

Tallulah

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm....it looks good, but it is blurry.And it seems familiar too me. What means - you aren't very creative. 3/5

17. Doom ArchDemon

Doom ArchDemon

Resources:
    Resources:
    its nice but you should really see those tutorials

18. Soul Theft

Soul Theft

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    this is nice

19. Misha