• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
hi
as you all should know, each ability has his own duration for hero and unit. (for example storm bolt stuns units for 6 seconds and heroes for 4 seconds)

now, i want to do a boss enemy, he shouldnt get stunned as long as normal enemies. so i set him to a hero, but now he has this strength /agility /intelligence stats. now my question is: can i remove this stats without loosing his hero classification? is there any other way to mark the unit as a hero?

ty

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
I think yes. But must use trigger. There is a trigger action call Unit - add classification. U can use it.
EDIT: Oops. I was wrong >.<. It only add the classification, not the target type.
May be u can make him has only 1 stat and 0 stat increase per level.

Level 23
mark him as ancient or suicidal and mark for every ability that does stun that it cant target ancients or suicidals.
If those are triggered you will have to add to those spells extra if line with checking whenever the unit is ancient or not.
This way the unit doesnt need to be hero, Hope it helped

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
^ He want the spell not stun as long as normal unit but still keep the damage. If he does it ur way, the spell cant target him as all.
Gimli: So what do u want clearly?

Level 17
i just want that my stun ability has a less duration on the boss, without using triggers (otherwise i know how it works), i think the best way is that Unit-Duration / Hero-Duration, but then my boss has str/agi/int, and thats not good :/

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Then u can set the level of the boss (each unit has its own level) to 5 or add the resistant skin ability to it (not recommend this).
Since unit has level 5 will be affected by hero duration instead of normal duration of the spell.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Try this trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove All buffs from the boss
This will make the boss not being affected by any skill (still take damage though). However, some damage over time ability wont take any effect on it too.

Level 17
well i dont want that.
first thing : there will still be a ministun that interrputs
second thing : i just want a lower duration, that doesnt mean it stuns 0 seconds

i just wanna know how to set the level cap higher, that the spells doesnt count since lvl 5

Level 19
Make the stun duration one second and take whatever unit is stunned and apply a second buff that stuns for (x-1) seconds to normal heroes and (1/2x-1) to bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.