• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Strife TD v3.1.4

full

full

Hero Strife TD is a map where two genres meet: Hero Defense and Tower Defense. There are races to choose from and each race has its own heroes. Make your decision and start executing your strategy. You can send units against the enemy teams to make them struggle and by doing that you gain income. There are 30 waves to defend your castle from.
There are 4 teams, each team has 4 mazes for each player and a base. Your heroes are in the base protecting the castle from creeps. Killing 2 creeps in the maze creates a unit to a random opposing team. But your leaked creeps will be directly going to your base.

Classic

Timeless

Snake

full

Try to survive the 30 waves. In this game type, you advance to the next level altogether. When a team clears a wave first they will get a reward and will start the bolster timer which will make all of the wave units attack and move faster once it expires. Arenas are enabled in this type.

full

Be the first team to win the 30th wave. In this game type, there are no pauses during the waves. When you kill all of the units that spawn in the maze (Sent Creeps does not count), your team will instantly advance to the next wave. When you finish a wave first you will get a reward. Arenas are disabled in this type.

full

Try to survive the 30 waves. This game type is classic with a twist: the wave starts in one maze per team and after that, instead of going to the base it goes to the next maze of the team. Finally, when it has traveled all the mazes, it goes to the base. Maze needs a minimum of value requirement for units to travel [players can see the minimum limit by writing -svalue X, X being the wave level]. For each player in the team the unit spawn amount increases by 50% [1 Player 40, 2 Players 60, 3 Players 80 …]. Maze gold is shared between the players but additional gold will be given to the builders.

full

- 30 Waves- 24 Races
- 16 Players- 4 Teams
- Fun Gameplay- Teamwork
- Challengers- Forests
- Single Player Mode - Single Team Mode - Game Types Arena
full

full

full

Also

Special thanks to AmethystTower / Killera.
Thanks to:
Slavonomo for beta testing.

full

v3.0.6+

v3.0.6

v3.0.5a

v3.0.4a

v3.0.3

v3.0.2

v3.0.1

v3.0.0

v2.0.0

• Check discord for changelog

• Added "-draw" and "-withdraw" commands.
    Now backup player file is also created.
03/12/2023

• Orc: Far Seer: Fixed desync issue.
  • Wave 25: Changed passive bash chance to active bash spell.
  • Camp: Shade: Removed invisibility. Added "Ghost" ability. Increased health by 28%.
03/12/2023

• Outlaw: Rider: Increased damage by 20%.
    Shadow: Darkslayer: Increased damage by 10%.
    Shadow: Darkslayer: Foul Pact: Increased kill count by 50% damage reduction to 20%.
    Beast: Frog: frog count resets after upgrade.
    Tower: Boulder Tower: Added "Siege Boulder" ability.
    Naga: Mur'gul Reaver: Increased damage by 15%.
    Mech: Rifleman: Increased damage by 5%.
    Elemental: Spirit of Wind: Added "Gust" ability.
    Arachnid: Spider Guard: Added "Discipline" ability.
    Night Elf: Faerie: Mark: Increased duration by 50%.
    Arena: Decreased attack damage on II and III.
    Better ability descriptions for some towers.
02/12/2023

• Fixed arena spawning only illusionist.
  • Player Levels are shown at the start of the game.
  • Maze path is shown with guide wisps before wave 1.
  • Fixed a bug where forest wouldn't get hostile after teams get defeated.
  • Outlaw: Rider: Camp Hunt: Fixed a bug where it worked on non camp units.
  • Mercenary: Giant Assassin: Fixed a bug that charged double for sharpened obsidian.
  • Fixed a bug where entangled base units would stay still.
  • Beast: Wolf: Replaced "Bleed" with "Pack" ability. Increased damage by 20%.
  • Wave 32: Fixed where wisps wouldn't keep spawning.
  • Castle: Arcane Defense: Increase interval from 5 to 6 seconds.
  • Mech: Space Marine: Acid Bomb: Reduced armor reduction by ~50%.
  • Demon: Voidswayer: Void Burst: Decreased delay by 40%.
  • Orc: Far Seer: Lightning Shield: Decreased damage by 20%, now can target air.
  • Murloc: Seaguard: Mercury stack is now shared among other seaguards.
23/11/2023

• If multiple teams finishes the wave with the same leaks, the gold is divided instead of giving full gold to each team.
  • Added the second forest but it only opens when there are at least 9 players. (also mirrored to confuse)
  • Decreased second forest tree size.
  • Forest: Fixed a bug where green dragon's level was not correct.
  • Wave 30: Sleep: reduced duration by 75% and mana cost by 20%.
  • Camp: VS-300 Copter: Bomb: Now it only slows movement speed, reduced by 100%.
  • Camp: Giant Northern Bear: Arctic Aura: Swapped values of movement, attack speed reduction.
  • Castle: Auto-repair is on by default.
  • Arcane: Fire Mage: Ring of Fire: Reduced AoE by 25%
  • Corrupted: Poison Treant: Rotten: Increased chance to rot on II and III.
  • Orc: Blademaster: Mirror Image: Images count starts at 2 ends at 4. Balanced damage taken / given accordingly. Increased cooldown by 100%.
  • Orc: Blademaster: Wind Walk: Removed duration increase per level.
  • Naga: Siren: Replaces Parasite ability with Siren.
  • Arachnid: Brood Mother: Reworked Spiderling ability
  • Tower: Now score doesn't take in pre-upgrade damage.
  • Shadow: Dark Ranger: Skeletal Army: Decreased health increase to 20%.
  • Undead: Necromancer: Replaced Raise Dead ability by Necro Aura.
  • Tooltip fixes.
04/11/2023

• Hero Challenge: Small Many's damages have been decreased by 10-60%.
  • Dragon: Green Dragon: Fixed ability not working.
  • Camp units can be sent early after the current camp unit has been sent.
  • Item: Fixed book of Summoning not applying item buffs.
  • Player towers can't damage base units anymore.
  • Challenge: Switch Tavern gets disabled instead of removed.

02/10/2023

• Changed whole map layout. Mazes are in the corners. Bases are in the center. Forests are on the sides.
  • Arena team area's are smaller.
  • Forest has changed significantly. There is only one forest which is 60% bigger than the previous forest. Forest have new units.
  • Removed Doom Guard wave. Now it will go straight to final wisp.
  • Enlist: Now enlisted units lasts 3 waves maximum.
  • Shadow: Dark Ranger: Skeletal Army: Now it doesn't spawn another skeleton but instead strengthens the current skeleton. Increased duration by 25%
  • Ship: Battleship: Ram: Now can't go through structures and enviroment.
  • Forsaken: Woe: Dash: Now can't go through structures and enviroment.
  • High Guard: Flag: Now champions have death timer.

01/10/2023

I have completely re-written the whole map in Typescript from GUI.
I have removed the Timeless & Snake game type temporarily. Will add them in the following versions.
  • New loading screen.
  • Base pause healing covers all of it.
  • Bolster affects camp units as well.
  • Camp creeps have a wave limit.
  • Difficulty affects creeps and forest units as well.
  • Disabled gold & lumber sharing through the F11 tab.
  • Forest experience gets reduced depending on how far away your hero level is from the current wave.
  • Heroes have a minimum movement speed of 50.
  • Higher difficulty increases end wave gold by x2 the increase. (125% increases by 50%, etc.)
  • HR changes heroes too.
  • If a teammate leaves, other team players will get bonus experience and gold.
  • Items have wave requirements now and enemy heroes can't buy from allied shops.
  • Murloc heroes and flag heroes restore less hp to enemy units that killed them.
  • New command: -gg XXX. Players can share the gold with this command. It has a gold limit that changes every five waves.
  • New game modes: Hybrid Random Mirror, All Hybrid Mirror
  • New setting: Spawn Rate(x0.5,x1,x1.5,x2)
  • Reduced bolster attack & movement speed increase by 50%.[50%->25%]
  • Reduced forest aggro range to 400 to 300.
  • Towers can display kill & total damage amount.
  • 20+ wave units' health and damage by 25-35%

• Notifies your teammates when your hero is trained.
  • Notifies when your castle is attacked.
  • Decreased mana replenish research time by 33%.[30->20]
  • Decreased mana pool research time by 25%.[20->15]
  • Decreased overflow research time by 25%.[60->45]
  • Camp Creep: Ghoul: Regen reduced by 20%. Flesheater Aura: Movement speed reduced to 7.5% attack speed to 10%.
  • Camp Creep: Footman: Devotion Aura: Reduced by 1.
  • Item: Scroll of Charge: Has a time limit of 30 seconds.
  • Item: Orb of Frost & Corruption doesn't work on player heroes.
  • Arcane: Archmage: Empower Elemental: Fully restores the health of the water elemental upon cast.
  • Elemental: Mountain Giant: Changed Hardened Rock to the old version.
  • Naga: Sea Witch: Enchanted Deep Sea: Resets Forked Lightning on the cast.
  • Nature: Treant: Growth: Increased attack bonus percentage by 50%.
  • Shadow: Ranger: Silence: Increased skeleton spawn to 3-8.
  • Warrior: Divine General: Divine Hand: Increased duration to 3.2 seconds.
  • Dragon: Nether Dragon: Dragon Blood: Loses 25% of the current life.
  • Fel Orc: Warrior: Battlemaster: Spawns near the rune and moves towards the castle.
  • Kogoll: Gnoll Purger: Lightning Wave: Increased chance to 20%
  • Demon: Voidswayer: Bloodlust: increased health restoration to 20% on hero kills, 5% on unit kills.
New version ordering: "a.b.c". changes when an absolutely big overhaul happens. b changes when new content has implemented such as a new race, items, and stuff. c is for quick fixes and small balance changes.

08/06/2021

Join our Discord Server!
If you want to support me buy me a delicious coffee
Contents

Hero Strife TD v3.1.4a (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Well done map. Like the thread presentation as well. Abilities could use detailed descriptions in the learn menu: Tooltip Tutorial Creating Good Descriptions Thinking whether items should require lumber instead of gold. Why don't heroes revive...
Why would you make creeps heroes? They are much higher in resource usage than normal units and lead to more laggs in multiplayer.

Wave creeps? Only 10th, 20th and 30th waves are heroes they spawn five times fewer than the normal waves. I didn't experience lag in those waves but I experienced lag on other waves which spawns 40 units.
If you did experience lag in the hero waves do you mind if I ask you how many people were playing and how many bosses did they leak?

Level 3
Hey I was wondering if you have any idea why the game crash when the game end on your map ?
It is pretty annoying when we plan a remake of the game and everyone has to kill the game relaunch and relog to battlenet

Yea I have no idea. If I were to go out on a limb, I would say that it may be caused by memory cleaning or some sort._.
Actually it doesn't necessarily crash, you just have to wait depending on your game duration (With longer game duration it is much faster to restart it than wait for it, though ^^).

I am annoyed by this situation also. I think I've seen this happening for another game too.

Edit: I've asked around and they've basically told me it was caused by Garbage collection. Maybe the later patches will improve the collection system so we don't have to wait/restart

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi i really like your map, and its by far the map i play most in wc3.

i've encountered some bugs i thougt i would tell u about, in case u didnt already know about them :)

1. The reroll in -ah mode:
the reroll you have before u place any towers is says 50g in the tooltip, but its 60g when u buy it.

the reroll u have after u place towers take all ur gold and lumber, and not just the amount it says it cost.

2. the highguard sharpshooter quarters, keeps running to the cornor of the td. so they hide there and do not hit creeps next round. hold position and patroll dont fix this problem.

i think its cause if the archers are focusing a creep that walks out of the td (aka u leak them) it tries to folow them and therefore goes to the cornor of the td. many people dont even realise that they are gone.

your map is really nice and i hope the playerbase will continue to grow.

Hi i really like your map, and its by far the map i play most in wc3.

i've encountered some bugs i thougt i would tell u about, in case u didnt already know about them :)

1. The reroll in -ah mode:
the reroll you have before u place any towers is says 50g in the tooltip, but its 60g when u buy it.

the reroll u have after u place towers take all ur gold and lumber, and not just the amount it says it cost.

2. the highguard sharpshooter quarters, keeps running to the cornor of the td. so they hide there and do not hit creeps next round. hold position and patroll dont fix this problem.

i think its cause if the archers are focusing a creep that walks out of the td (aka u leak them) it tries to folow them and therefore goes to the cornor of the td. many people dont even realise that they are gone.

your map is really nice and i hope the playerbase will continue to grow.

thank you for your feedback ^^
1. fixed
2. partly fixed

Level 3
Hey Avatars Lord

Something need to be done with the armor that the giant hero can get.
Just went through a game against 2 giants where we were ahead the whole game, at some point with dreadlord i had twice more levels (27 vs 14 sth like that) than a giant and could not even damage him in the forest.
Ultimately they were overrun on infinite wave but were not able to die so my team lost. Sending zergling and ogre managed to lower their hp but these units were easily killed
They stacked armor until 3500+ and stayed up all fight...

Hey Avatars Lord

Something need to be done with the armor that the giant hero can get.
Just went through a game against 2 giants where we were ahead the whole game, at some point with dreadlord i had twice more levels (27 vs 14 sth like that) than a giant and could not even damage him in the forest.
Ultimately they were overrun on infinite wave but were not able to die so my team lost. Sending zergling and ogre managed to lower their hp but these units were easily killed
They stacked armor until 3500+ and stayed up all fight...

3500+ armor?! epic

changed the infinite wave to something more epic (couldn't test it cuz nobody lasted that long:( ) and also changed his ability to an active armor bonus.

Level 4
This is the most ill-conceived TD I've ever played. The entire fountain of mana/wood mechanic adds extra AP for no good reason. And I may be biased, but the High Guard race is so poorly made that I am surprised this game ever got improved. Most of the spells on the multiple heroes don't work. It isn't readily apparent that you can't train multiple units from a building (who reads the passive of a building before doing stuff? No one). No easy way to select the heroes.

Its like whoever made this race was having an on-going heart attack while developing it. I've been playing TDs since 2004, and this one has the worst ratio of effort to quality I've ever seen. It's like you took the worst part of every previous head to head TD, added countless glitches and abilities that don't work, added more ARTIFICIAL APM, and then slapped some more unbalance on top of that.

PM if you want more constructive feed back. This has the foundation for a great game, but there are just so many poorly conceived features that could be EASILY fixed/changed. And I know TDs are an inherently flawed/hard to make genre. Because they are usually too hard to balance right than other genres. Just dont' add more unnecessary archaic mechanics.

This is the most ill-conceived TD I've ever played. The entire fountain of mana/wood mechanic adds extra AP for no good reason. And I may be biased, but the High Guard race is so poorly made that I am surprised this game ever got improved. Most of the spells on the multiple heroes don't work. It isn't readily apparent that you can't train multiple units from a building (who reads the passive of a building before doing stuff? No one). No easy way to select the heroes.

Its like whoever made this race was having an on-going heart attack while developing it. I've been playing TDs since 2004, and this one has the worst ratio of effort to quality I've ever seen. It's like you took the worst part of every previous head to head TD, added countless glitches and abilities that don't work, added more ARTIFICIAL APM, and then slapped some more unbalance on top of that.

PM if you want more constructive feed back. This has the foundation for a great game, but there are just so many poorly conceived features that could be EASILY fixed/changed. And I know TDs are an inherently flawed/hard to make genre. Because they are usually too hard to balance right than other genres. Just dont' add more unnecessary archaic mechanics.

If you don't want to manual harvest, you can press one button that will do the harvesting for you. It is the second ability that has the name "Automatic Harvest". I am going to change it on at the start so people wouldn't waste time pressing that button.
What do you mean it doesn't work? They are derived from standard abilities. Which one do you think that doesn't work?
Warcraft has a way to group certain units in a number from the keyboard. Choose the units then control + X to assign the units to a number where you can easily press.
Can you please be specific about a glitch so it can be fixed?

Thanks for your constructivism.

Level 6

I'm actually the one who hosted that game. To be fair, you picked a race marked "hard" then "didn't want to read." Is it possible you can revisit your rating, upon reflection?

For my part, I quite enjoyed the map, and saw a lot of mechanics that were elaborations of basic TD War tropes (using lumber to send creeps to raise income). However, when I started it, I was kind of hoping I could mix and match a hero with a tower builder, and perhaps that there would be more customizable racial "sends." Just my agenda! It's a well made map regardless, in my opinion.

I'm actually the one who hosted that game. To be fair, you picked a race marked "hard" then "didn't want to read." Is it possible you can revisit your rating, upon reflection?

For my part, I quite enjoyed the map, and saw a lot of mechanics that were elaborations of basic TD War tropes (using lumber to send creeps to raise income). However, when I started it, I was kind of hoping I could mix and match a hero with a tower builder, and perhaps that there would be more customizable racial "sends." Just my agenda! It's a well made map regardless, in my opinion.

It is actually marked "Very Hard" and so is the Warrior race. They are not necessarily "very hard" but the players need to have experience in the game before playing them.

Do you mean that you could choose your race and hero independently of the race? It can be added as a game mode.
At first, I was going to make a special camp for each race, then I gave up on that idea. Maybe it can be picked up.

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it ^^

Level 2

Your whole post with "constructive criticism" is flawed in literally every corner.
Do you expect creators to dumb down their games just because YOU are too lazy to read descriptions?

It serves you right when you fail just because you don't like reading important tooltips or hints.
All you do is imply that those are "stupid and unnecessary" mechanics but I'm going to tell you the truth: you're just some unskilled player who's blaming the game because you can't comprehend what's going on.

For example; you can just bind unit and structure groups to hotkeys (e.g. heroes binded to 1, fountain of mana binded to 2, creep camps binded to 3-6).
I don't see the issue how it's difficult to micro a mana fountain and 3 heroes at the same time...

Well now let's talk about the high guard race that you think is so "poorly made and bugged"...

First of all, what abilities of the high guard heroes "don't work"?
If you're talking about the priest's holy rain then I must disappoint you because it's literally flame strike which means it has a casting time. You cancel it while casting? Too bad, nothing will happen and you just wasted your mana.
This doesn't mean that the ability is "bugged and doesn't work".

Now let's get to the second point and take a look at the high guard heroes:
The Footman hero has a decent endurance aura and he can tank early waves + melee waves pretty fine by default.
He doesn't require many levels in order to take a punch and makes him a valuable hero for quick respawning and halting if you're struggling with a wave.
The Sharpshooter is the best DPS hero you can have in the game. He can gain insane attack range and rate as well as an ability that gives him decent bonus damage while being stationary. Additionally, he basically has stormbolt which is very useful against enemy heroes when you combine it with the priest's polymorph ability. This ability combo will make you very deadly for other players in an 1v1 encounter. Buying him bonus agility tomes and a mask of death later on; he becomes almost immortal against normal (especially ranged) waves with the massive armor and lifesteal he receives while melting enemy players.
The Priest is the best healer hero you can have in the game and is recommended as primary hero to level up if you have team mates. His healing wave is very powerful when leveled and will keep your heroes alive for years, especially if you buy him some bonus mana with intelligence tomes. His holy rain ability (which is flame strike) will melt most enemy waves (if leveled high enough + spell rings) with just 1 or 2 casts, especially air waves because they are often all cluttered into one position. Now to his polymorph, it can be useful to disable single enemies during boss waves but it is also very useful against enemy players as mentioned before. Combine it with the sharpshooter's stun ability and you will kill any enemy player before he can even do anything against you.

Once the three heroes (especially Sharpshooter and Priest) are buffed up enough you will not only dominate any wave (including yours and other player's leaks) but you will also dominate the forest:
You will kill any forest unit within a second and additionally to that; you will almost immediately kill enemy players before they can even farm any gold or experience and you'll become their dreaded nemesis.
In other words; those heroes are unstoppable IF you can play and micro them properly and this is where you fail at. You can't use them due to your lack of skill and that's why you think they are bad.

I've played enough games to proof that they're the strongest race "hero" in the game who are limited by the high multitasking skills they require which leads to "high risk, high reward".
If you don't believe me then I'll just post the replay next time I play with those heroes.

My conclusion: Your review is not from an objective point of view and is solely based off your skill gap, playstyle and opinions which makes it subjective.
Hamsamwich said:
It isn't readily apparent that you can't train multiple units from a building (who reads the passive of a building before doing stuff? No one)
This is literally like saying
I'll just sign this contract without reading it because the product looks like it will do what I want from it even if there may be fine prints with hidden traps saying that I'll have to pay triple the amount for it in the long run because of x reason.
In order to write constructive criticism you need to be able to forget about your subjective opinions and analyse if it has any potential in an objective way.
I didn't like the high guard heroes either when I played them for the first time but I knew they had potential after I looked at their abilities and saw how powerful those could become because they sounded good on paper.
Hamsamwich said:
PM if you want more constructive feed back.
I don't think that @Avatars Lord needs any more of your "constructive criticism" because it's anything but "constructive criticism".

This is all I wanted to say on this matter, thought I'd give my own opinion.

Have a good day.

Level 6
Do you mean that you could choose your race and hero independently of the race? It can be added as a game mode.
At first, I was going to make a special camp for each race, then I gave up on that idea. Maybe it can be picked up.

Yeah, my ideal would be you choose a hero type, a builder type, and a creep send "race" all independently - that way you could create a custom strategy. BUT there's definitely an argument for being limited by your builder choice to certain heroes. A special camp for each race sounds great, and is what I meant. If it can be chosen independently of your tower builder, then you also don't have to worry as much about balancing (since anyone can pick it) although you'd obviously want them all to be balanced.

Level 4
Yeah I must apologize, I was too drunk that night (but that isn't an excuse), and had played 2 (actually awful) games before hand, so i was in a negative mood. And then was triggered by my unit disappearing when I trained a second (cheaper) one.

Yeah, my ideal would be you choose a hero type, a builder type, and a creep send "race" all independently - that way you could create a custom strategy. BUT there's definitely an argument for being limited by your builder choice to certain heroes. A special camp for each race sounds great, and is what I meant. If it can be chosen independently of your tower builder, then you also don't have to worry as much about balancing (since anyone can pick it) although you'd obviously want them all to be balanced.

I added that game mode "-af" ^^. TBH race special creeps seem too much time consuming since we have 16 races now. If I were to add it, each race would probably have 3-4 units to send.

Yeah I must apologize, I was too drunk that night (but that isn't an excuse), and had played 2 (actually awful) games before hand, so i was in a negative mood. And then was triggered by my unit disappearing when I trained a second (cheaper) one.

Apology accepted :) I hope you have better and fun games

Level 4
Fun at first, but then it gets very boring. At least for me it did. Really boring. But I appreciate the work, it feels well polished. But again.. boring.

EDIT as requested: Fun at first, but then it got boring. Can't really tell in-depth, but the towers felt uninteresting, and the hero gameplay was not so fun.
But somehow it still felt well-polished.

Last edited:
Level 4
Any ideas for improvement rather than 3xboring?
Not really. I have no ideas to share. The whole gameplay felt boring. The lack of tower upgrades, the hero gameplay...
What else should I say? It is the way I felt. If it is not okay, I can remove it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Not really. I have no ideas to share. The whole gameplay felt boring. The lack of tower upgrades, the hero gameplay...
What else should I say? It is the way I felt. If it is not okay, I can remove it.
The problem with something subjective as writing "to me it felt like..." without any actual feedback is that it doesn't help the map author improve anything since the author would have no idea what "boring" actually means to you.
You can write whatever you feel as long as it's not insulting but note that rating solely on feelings isn't too nice.

Level 4
The problem with something subjective as writing "to me it felt like..." without any actual feedback is that it doesn't help the map author improve anything since the author would have no idea what "boring" actually means to you.
You can write whatever you feel as long as it's not insulting but note that rating solely on feelings isn't too nice.
Then I should rate based on what? Don't you rate something based on how much you like it? No matter what it is. And you give the reasons why you gave the respective rating. Based on whatever you like. If my rating based on how I felt while playing the map is wrong, I will remove it and won't bother rating anymore.
P.S. Rating is subjective. As subjective as "to me it felt like...".

Edit: But I understand what you mean. I should give more info into why I gave the respective rating. Only this time I did not know how to explain why it felt that way. Other than the lack of upgrades on towers, and hero gameplay that I did not like.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Then I should rate based on what? Don't you rate something based on how much you like it?
Not really. I try to be less biased as possible since I have to review not necessarily rate.
I advise you to be less subjective that's all. As I wrote, if you write words that don't really have meaning to the map author, they won't help. What is boring to you might not be to me, to the author or someone else. That's why it's important to specify why something and how something is boring.
An example. If you rate a map very low because you don't like the way the characters or units look but the gameplay which is the core aspect, is good, then it's not good, it's biased rating. The same if you give 5 stars to a map that has bad gameplay but you like the models the author used.

Level 4
Not really. I try to be less biased as possible since I have to review not necessarily rate.
I advise you to be less subjective that's all. As I wrote, if you write words that don't really have meaning to the map author, they won't help. What is boring to you might not be to me, to the author or someone else. That's why it's important to specify why something and how something is boring.
An example. If you rate a map very low because you don't like the way the characters or units look but the gameplay which is the core aspect, is good, then it's not good, it's biased rating. The same if you give 5 stars to a map that has bad gameplay but you like the models the author used.
And did I do any of the two? I did not rate it low based on how I do not like the models, but the gameplay was good, neither good because the models were good, although the gameplay sucked.
I rated it 3/5 because I felt that is how much it deserved. Its gameplay is in my eyes 2/5, but gave it +1 because it felt well polished. And this I did explain.

What you tell me is that I should only rate it if I have improvements to tell the author?

In the end I really don't understand the issue here. Everybody is free to rate something based on whatever he wants, or however he feels about the thing.
And my rate was not based on only 1 object, ignoring the others. It was as a whole how I felt about it.

I think I am not gonna bother to rate anything anymore. :)

Edit: I don't know how to remove the rating. I would like to request, if possible, for it to get removed. Thanks!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
In the end I really don't understand the issue here
I just gave an example of what rating solely by feelings and no rationale might mean. I didn't say you did that.
There is no particular issue. I am trying to advise you that it's helpful when you give an objective comment that a map author could actually use to improve rather than write something vague that the author wouldn't understand properly or know what to do with it.
That doesn't mean you should not bother rating. I am just trying to make you understand that improving your wording and being more specific is better than letting the author guess what you mean.

Level 4
I just gave an example of what rating solely by feelings and no rationale might mean. I didn't say you did that.
There is no particular issue. I am trying to advise you that it's helpful when you give an objective comment that a map author could actually use to improve rather than write something vague that the author wouldn't understand properly or know what to do with it.
That doesn't mean you should not bother rating. I am just trying to make you understand that improving your wording and being more specific is better than letting the author guess what you mean.
I also used the models as an example.

If you would have checked, you would have seen that every time I reviewed something, I made sure I explained the reason behind it as good as possible.
This time there was not much for me to write, other than it felt boring to the roots of boredom. Unexplainable boredom. Like if you feel that when you play it, but can't really describe what makes you feel it, you are not allowed to rate it?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
If you would have checked, you would have seen that every time I reviewed something, I made sure I explained the reason behind it as good as possible.
This time there was not much for me to write, other than it felt boring to the roots of boredom. Unexplainable boredom. Like if you feel that when you play it, but can't really describe what makes you feel it, you are not allowed to rate it?
I just think you could have done it more like: "I feel that most of the gameplay is boring because it's repetitive, with little replayability, there isn't much to choose from, the same spells or units being there all the time", something along those lines.
It's good that you have made better posts but I was referring to the one on this map and writing 100 good posts doesn't mean one that is not good can just be excused because 100 were good. I think you should treat every author or work fairly and with some equity unless the work itself is offensive or something.

Level 4
I just think you could have done it more like: "I feel that most of the gameplay is boring because it's repetitive, with little replayability, there isn't much to choose from, the same spells or units being there all the time", something along those lines.
It's good that you have made better posts but I was referring to the one on this map and writing 100 good posts doesn't mean one that is not good can just be excused because 100 were good. I think you should treat every author or work fairly and with some equity unless the work itself is offensive or something.
Edited. More than that I can't. Will think twice next time when I want to give a rating to a map.