• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero Spell bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello when i add spells more than 7 spells to the hero spell bar they disappear. It would be nice with a trigger that replaces spells. Like if i already got 7 spells in the spell bar and want to add the 8th then i would be nice with a replace trigger that you can select the spells you want to replace.

Thanks! and as always + rep for the one who does this one. If you have questions just ask!

-Chewii

Level 9
Its good if you store them in a Hashtable so it will be MUI and can be created easier. Create ability ID's in the Hashtable and the triggering unit's ID to specify the ability you want to replace.

Just ask if you don't understand.

Level 1
Why wont you just make those spells in book? There is something like that so using only 1 slot..you can store 11 spells i guess...

Level 11
Why wont you just make those spells in book? There is something like that so using only 1 slot..you can store 11 spells i guess...

Because i got other plans for the spellbooks.

Thanks for posting!
Its good if you store them in a Hashtable so it will be MUI and can be created easier. Create ability ID's in the Hashtable and the triggering unit's ID to specify the ability you want to replace.

Just ask if you don't understand.

I've never used hashtable so nope i don't understand :D And it would be nice if you send a trigger and then i look up tutorials for hashtables so i understand the trigger.

Thanks for posting!

Level 1
I see ;) hmm that is something really hard ;D i dont even know how could you do this...btw...you said you already have other plans of using spellbook? but...you mean using it from inventory? If yes then i guess its still possible to use spellbook as spell... because if your "plans" means you will use spellbook as spell...then it is harder ...well if your "hero" is going to use 7 spells which can be used...and all other spells are going to be "passive" then i think its possible to change "priority" of passive spells to 8 or higher...this way having 10 spells will allow you to hide "passive" spells and have only those you can use... i think you can have even more passive spells ;) without a problem...just give them all priority to 9... but I dont know anything abour your plans...so it is just what I think :)

Level 11
Okay i will explain my plans with the spellbook. In object editor i will make we say 20 abilities. 10 channel abilities that doesn't do a thing and 10 other abilities that will do things ^^ so i will make 1 channel ability named Blizzard. Then a blizzard ability named blizzard :) And when you use the channel ability in a spellbook the other ability that does something will be added to the hero spell bar.

You get my point ?

Regards Chewii

Level 1
hmm you mean that all those abilities will be made from the same ablity?

in other words using 1 spell he will use them all at once? :D that is weird ;) i dont understand :D

Level 11
Well i will try to explain harder :p. I will make one ability and that will be blizzard. Then i make another ability that does nothing. And name it blizzard too and same icon. And the useless blizzard should be added in the spellbook. And when i use the useless blizzard the real blizzard will be added to the hero spell bar :) And i want to do that with like 10 abilities that's why i want it to replace the spells when it reaches 7

Now i guess you understand right?

Regards Chewii

Level 1
I guess that simple...I think i know how to do that ;)

Event

Unit is using/casting spell

Conditions

Ability being cast = "blizzard"(does nothing)

Actions

Hero -Add ability "blizzard"(does attack) to hero 001<gen>

this way you should be able to do that...I think it is probably same with deleting that skill...when you click again...you just need 1 more condition which will check if you already have that skill...I will try to make it later ;) If it is what do you want...

Spell book=> when you click on blizzard spell it add you blizzard spell to hero...when you click again it will delete that spell...i guess it is what do you want ;) If yes then i can do it ;O

Level 1
ok ;) give me few minutes, and I will do it

My spellbook is "item" but even if you will make it as a skill its not a problem ;)

I just made 2 skills

Learn Blizzard
Learn Blizzard 2

I added them to spell book... and i just made 4 triggers...

2 triggers to "add" skill
2 trigger to "delete" skill... I added map here so you can check it...you just have to make more skills...I am not sure but i think that this is possible to add skill which requires "target' to be used...and even if it require if you delete everything it should work as well...I am sure you can do it all by myself...I just made those triggers so you can see how it works :O

Attachments

• 1.w3x
    17.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.