• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to get rid of HP bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Hello dear THW members. I have tried getting rid of HP bar, but i have failed.
I've tried two ways:
A. Triying to replace the actual hp bar model and\or texture with a dummy model.
B. Putting selection unit scale (i do not know it's currect english name though) down.

The first option lead me to nowhere. Literally, nothing changed. Probably there is a second hp bar model and texture in mpq though, but i've failed to find it. The second one caused selection circle problems.

So, any ideas how to get rid of it?

Level 40
Add and remove the Locust ability. You may have to hide the unit, remove locust, then unhide it again. Can't remember exactly.

Note that this will also remove the selection circle for the unit. It may also screw with the pathing, can't really remember.

You also may be able to remove the HP bar by just setting the selection circle size to 0, but that might just make it really small. Once again, can't remember.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure you're SOL if you want to remove the HP bar without affecting selection, unless there is some obscure model editing way of doing it.

Level 20
If you make selection to a negative value the HP bar will dissapear.
You can also disable them in the triggers (but I think some other stuffs are disabled aswell). I think it's somewhere under "Game" or "Animation" categories.

Level 7
The size of a unit's HP bar is solely determined by the selection scale. As someone else mentioned, setting it to a negative value will completely remove the HP bar.

JesusHipster said:
The second one caused selection circle problems.

Like what? Yeah, you can't see a selection circle when you hover over the unit anymore because it's gone (as well as the HP bar).

Also some clarification on removing locust:

Pathing will be fine, locust doesn't affect pathing. However, it will affect targeting the unit and remove the HP bar. If this works for you, then go for it. And yes, the order is "add, hide, remove, unhide".

Level 34
A
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure you're SOL if you want to remove the HP bar without affecting selection, unless there is some obscure model editing way of doing it.

Well, naturaly that's what i want to do. If someone helps me finding the actual hp bar model\texture, i will be able to provide an awesome custom hp\mp bar system:)

Status
Not open for further replies.