• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero spawn sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
How to I turn one of the custom hero's voice quote into a spawn sound for the custom hero when being trained at the altar?

Not sure,maybe something like this:
  • Events - Unit finishes research
  • Conditions - Unit equal to Altlar
  • Actions - Play [sound] at Position of triggering unit for owner of triggering unit
And you need use the sound from sound editor.

Level 7
Not sure,maybe something like this:
  • Conditions - Unit equal to Altlar
  • Actions - Play [sound] at Position of triggering unit for owner of triggering unit
And you need use the sound from sound editor.

When it prompts me to select a unit I do in the Tool Palette but nothing happens.

Also what do I select for Action sound?

Level 11
I don't have WE with me now so i'm gonna guess it would be something like this.

• Conditions - Unit being researched type equal to Your Unit
  • Conditions - Reseaching unit equal to Altlar
And instead of triggering unit you should put something like unit being researched in case there is.
You should use Play Sound Point ,i think.If i had WE with me now i would make it.

Level 7
I have the same issue, I can't close the "Unit Finishes research" Event cause I need to select a unit. So in the Variable: Select a Unit, I click on it, the Trigger Editor minimizes and a message at the top right appears prompting me to select a unit. I select one in the Tool Palette but nothing happens.

Level 12
I have the same issue, I can't close the "Unit Finishes research" Event cause I need to select a unit. So in the Variable: Select a Unit, I click on it, the Trigger Editor minimizes and a message at the top right appears prompting me to select a unit. I select one in the Tool Palette but nothing happens.

I think you are using the wrong event. Go back to your event where you need to select a unit, but look down I think 1 or 2. There should be an event like "Unit - Generic unit event". I forget what it is called, but there is definitely one where you don't need to choose a unit.

The reason it asks you to select a unit is because the event you chose is trying to make the event for one specific unit. The unit must be on the map already and you must click it on the map like you would in the game. Clicking the tool palette is probably just cancelling it since you chose a new window.

Level 7
Ok got the right Events - Unit finishes research now. But I'm stuck on the conditions and actions, I can't get the same result as mentioned by Abovegame.

I would appreciate a downloadable example map?

Level 7
This is what my trigger looks like.

Not getting any spawn sound :(

• Unit - A unit Finishes research
  • Grom Hellscream Equal to Altar of Kings
  • Sound - Play GromWarcry1Copy <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at ((Owner of (Researching unit)) start location) with Z offset 0.00

Level 7
Exchange Grom Hellscream with TriggeringUnit, lol :)

EDIT: your condition will never be true.

Still no spawning sound :( (btw I was using the wrong altar but I changed it).

• Unit - A unit Finishes research
  • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Altar of Storms
  • Sound - Play GromWarcry1Copy <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at ((Owner of (Researching unit)) start location) with Z offset 0.00

Level 12
  • Sound - Play (Last played sound)
Replace "(last played sound)" with a sound you imported(f12) from sound editor(F5).

Then you will hear it regardless where the screen is.

Also you probably want to make it so only the owner hears the sound, right?

I'm not sure you can do that as it is. so in case you can't, then do it like this:

• Actions
    • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == TriggeringPlayer() then
    • Set localSound = Imported Sound File
    • Custom script: else
    • Set localSound = No sound
    • Custom script: endif
    • Sound - Play localSound
That will make it so there's still a sound played for all players, but because the sound is empty for everyone besides the owner / triggering player, he's the only one who will hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.