1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hero Siege RPG

Submitted by Eat_Bacon_Daily
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

[​IMG]

Features
-5 unique heroes
-6 abilities per hero
-5 completely unique hero evolutions
-Custom items
-Custom item classes (common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary)
-Scripted Boss Battles
-Custom waves
-No Grind
-Mazes
-Puzzles
-Tower Defenses
-Secret Rooms
-At least 4 ultimate style spells per hero
-Dungeons
-Unique environments for each Chapter
-and much much more!

Arthas Abilities
[​IMG] [​IMG] Bless (Q): Damages and heals Nearby
[​IMG] Guards (W): Summons a Minion
[​IMG] Defensive Stance (E): Periodically Heals
[​IMG] Retribution Aura: Grants Bonus Armor

[​IMG] [​IMG]Curse (D): Deals Damage and Heals Nearby
[​IMG]Damned Servant (Q): Summons a Minion
[​IMG]Unending Servitude (W): Periodically Heals
[​IMG]Resiliance Aura: Grants Bonus Armor
[​IMG]Wrath of the Lich King (R): Grants and Deals Damage

Sylvanas Abilities
[​IMG] [​IMG] Resolve (D): Grants immunity and attack speed.
[​IMG] Virtuous Arrow (Q): Deals damage in a line
[​IMG] Orb of Annihilation (W): Grants damage and splash
[​IMG]Critical Strike: Gives a chance to multiply damage

[​IMG]
[​IMG]Vengeance (D): Grants immunity and attack speed
[​IMG]Malice (Q): Deals damage in a line
[​IMG]Banshee Arrow (W): Grants Bonus attack and Splash
[​IMG]Echoing Strike: Gives a Chance to multiply damage
[​IMG]Forsaken Fury (R): Summons ghosts of Sylvanas to fight

Grom Abilities
[​IMG] [​IMG]Furylust (D): Grants splash damage
[​IMG]War Stomp (Q): Damages and stuns nearby enemies
[​IMG] Cry of the Hoard (W): Damages and slows nearby enemies
[​IMG]Bash: Grants a chance to stun enemies

[​IMG]
[​IMG]Chaotic Rage (D): Grants temporary splash and damage
[​IMG]Warsong Warcry (Q): Stuns, slows and damages enemies
[​IMG]Dreadful Echoes (W): Weakens and damages enemies
[​IMG]Crushing Blow: Gives a chance to stun increase damage
[​IMG] Reign of Chaos (R): Teleports and damages around Grom

Malfurion Abilities
[​IMG] [​IMG] Remorse (D): Damages and stuns a target
[​IMG]Overgrowth (Q): Slows, damages and buffs an area
[​IMG]Imbue (W): Heals multiple allies
[​IMG] Essence Aura: Grants mana regeneration

[​IMG]
[​IMG] Sorrow (D): Deals damage and stuns
[​IMG]Dawnwing (Q): Summons a hawk with passive benefits
[​IMG]Blessing of the Wild (W): Heals multiple allies
[​IMG]Wisdom: Grants various permanent bonuses
[​IMG]Emerald Dream (R): Creates illusions of a target

Jaina Abilities
[​IMG] [​IMG] Empower (D): Empowers the next ability cast
[​IMG] Arcane Missiles (Q): Damages 4 random nearby enemies
[​IMG] Mystic Barrier (W): Heals allies and stuns enemies
[​IMG] Dimensional Step (E): Teleports a short distance and grants mana on spellcast

[​IMG]
[​IMG] Magic Surge (D): Summons a minion on spellcast
[​IMG] Arcane Barrage (Q): Deals massive damge to nearby foes
[​IMG] Arcane Field (W): Heals allies, damages and stuns foes
[​IMG] Reality Bend (E): Teleports a short distance and refunds mana
[​IMG] Mirror Entity (R): Summons an image that casts spells when you do

Illidan Abilities
[​IMG] [​IMG]Hatred: Grants stacking damage bonus
[​IMG]Entangling Roots (Q): Immobilizes and damages target
[​IMG] Immolation (W): Damages nearby units periodically
[​IMG] Abhorrence Aura: Grants melee lifesteal

[​IMG]
[​IMG]Festering Hatred: Grants stacking damage bonus
[​IMG]Demonic Grasp (Q): Jumps to target, while immobilizing it
[​IMG]Eternal Blaze (W): Deals periodic damage nearby
[​IMG]Magic Thirst (E): Grants temporary damage and life steal
[​IMG] Metamorphosis (R): Grants range, damage and stats

Screenshots

Starting Zone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dungeon 1 (Classic)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dungeon 2 (Classic)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dungeon 3 (MINIGAMES!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dungeon 4 (TOWER DEFENSE!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MEDIA

DEVELOPPER INSIGHT
Subject
Discussion
Suggested Players
My intentions in making this map was to have a Hero Siege/Dungeon Crawler to play with my friends on Skype or on a Lan Party. Due to this mindset, the map requires a full house to be properly played. I have no intentions in going into tedious balancing for reduced player groups, though I have seen some people make it particularly far as a group of 4. That being said, I added a special item that spawns when the game is played in single player. The purpose of this item is for lone players to test out some features. It is important to note that single player gaming does not reflect the full house experience. If you are looking for more people to play with, try hosting this game on MakeMeHost. I always upload the latest versions there and enough people play it that you should be able to get a full house rather quickly.
Gameplay and Inspiration
This map is a hero defense/dungeon crawler, which combines elements from my favorite maps. The idea of each hero having a specific role and being color assigned came from Illidan's 7 Demon Hunters. This setup also allows players to setup a strategy in the lobby and discuss their roles. The waves in the early zone are also similar to 7 Demon Hunters, as each wave uses different combinations of the same units to provide variety and uniqueness throughout the fights. The idea of dungeons came loosely from X Hero Siege, as one of my favorite parts of that map was when you and your group are transport into a different zone to partake in unique challenges. Having your heroes evolve visually and ability-wise throughout the game came from DBZ Tribute. Having your initial hero change visually always felt exciting in DBZ tribute, plus it allowes you to change your ability setup to fill any gaps your party might have as they face new threats.

Items
Items come in two forms in this game, the first is the classic dropped loot, meaning killing stuff will drop powerful items that you can equip. These items are classified in power from Common to Legendary. Such items can be found in secrets all over the maps, by killing bosses or simply by killing regular foes. The second form of item progression comes through recipes (OMG how original.....). I struggled with the idea of recipes because, I feel that no one likes looking through 10 different shops looking for some random item who's name doesn't always match the icon. (Hmmm, i need Claws of Justice to finish this recipe. Let me just look through all these goddamn shops, including secret shops for an icon that looks like a claw and hope it is the item i'm looking for.). So I decided to make a fairly simple shop setup. The recipes are in the starting castle and all required components are in a single shop. The component items have the same icon/names as the normal Warcraft III items (I.E Robe of Magi, Claws of Attack ect...) and the recipe progression is fairly obvious when looking at the items sold in the castle. Furthermore, to add a little bit of fun, the final form of all recipes require a single item that can only be obtained by finding in secret zones.
Special Events and Minigames
Throughout the game there will be minigames and special types of challenges that diverge from the classic Hero Siege/Survival concept. I added these to the game so that players can have a small breather once in a while. These such events range from Mazes to Tower Defenses. I made sure that these parts of the game are somewhat easy, meaning that you likely wont lose as a result of being unable to beat a minigame. My thought process here was that, if you spent the whole game upgrading and shaping your hero, you should only be able to lose in parts directly involving your hero. It would be pretty lame if you lost a game because you couldn't solve a puzzle even though your hero can take down bosses with ease.

Heroes and Story The story of this game is loosely based on the Warcraft III campaign. Basically you will be facing the same big characters you saw in the campaign. The heroes also follow the Warcraft III campaign. I feel like the stories Warcraft custom games that are completely original often get ignored, except by hardcore fans. So despite this game not really having a story, it is pretty easy to follow what is going on as these are characters we all know and love. Plus I feel like it's cool to somewhat relive the fantasy of being Arthas, grabbing Frostmourne, murdering your father and turning from a Paladin into a Death Knight. I am also pretty proud to have seem some people really get sucked into their characters while playing. I have even had games where some people spontaneously role play once they get their evolved character (I'm not making this up, I have really seen it!). I also like the idea of people calling each other by their character's name as opposed to by their color (I.E Yo Illidan grab that item. as opposed to, Yo Yellow Grab that item.)

Abilities I'm probably not going to win any awards for most original abilities here, most of them are simple edits of already existing abilities and some are pretty much the normal abilities with some simple added eye candy, especially for the base forms of all heroes. Though you may not agree with me here, I enjoy simple straight forward abilities. When starting a new game I really hate reading all the custom abilities that are so overly complicated. (When cast your Hero turns into a cucumber that deals X damage based on your enemies hps + the STR of your grandmothers age divided by a random number from 23 to your base agility + 16.). My abilities are usually very simple to understand and when you evolve and get a whole new set of spells, each new spell has the same basic concept as your old ones. But I feel like I was still able to keep abilities fun and special by allowing you to unlock new abilities through items later on and by adding special bonus effects when you maxe out your spells. This means that despite some heroes feeling like they are getting weaker as the game progresses, they will likely hit a pretty large power spike when they unlock a new spell or when they max out their already existing spells.

[​IMG] Apheraz_Lucent Triggers/Icons/Community
[​IMG] NailBigGreen Triggers

Credits

Anachron
Mr.Goblin
I3lackDeath
BlazeKraze
Elfsilver Lord
Sellenisko
JollyD
Big Dub
Devine
Darkfang
Hellx-Magnus
4eNNightmare
PeeKay
RightField
JetFangInferno
Tranquil
Kwaliti
Ujimasa Hojo
DarkFang
Kimbo
13lackdeath
Callahan
Darkranger002
Henry
Kimbo
Sin'dorei300
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Hellx-Magnus
zbc
NFWar
-Berz-
morbent
67chrome
sPy
Tranquil
Tauer
RightField
Darkholme
JollyD
4eNNightmare
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
NFWar
~Nightmare
Spellbound
Anachron
Golden-Drake

And a huge thanks to testers
Apheraz_Lucent
WrathfulZombie
Pat1487
Popartica
namnume123
FFslayer
Olonavy
Hspence21190

[​IMG][​IMG]

Open Discord
Discord

[​IMG][​IMG]

Contents

Hero Siege RPG v.32 WIP3 (Map)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b
A solid map which is a fusion of a hero defense and puzzle / dungeon crawl RPG. Creative in some parts and very easy to get into. While it's not artistically up there with the greats, the gameplay is the perfect mix between familiar and fresh. Map...
  1. 2good4ujoo

2good4ujoo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fantastic game. Lots of flavor. Map maker is a really nice guy too. You need full team of people who are willing to commit to the game though if you want to finish. Game is easy to understand and there are lots of cool hidden items throughout the levels. Not so simple you'll get bored, but not so complex that it pushes noobs away.

2. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New Version!
    New Hero

[​IMG]

New Dungeon

[​IMG]

PATCH NOTES

*NEW*
    -Akama Added
    -Dungeon 5 reworked

General
    -Leavers will have their selections circles removed and no longer random a hero
    -Item sell range increased by 100
    -Acquiring a Power-Up! now displays a message to all players
    -Castle health and armor increased
    -Divine Armor now takes 20% of Hero Damage instead of 5%

Arthas
    -Wrath of the Lich King (R) no longer shows an ability icon when cast
    -Has a slightly different evolution mini-cinematic

Lothar
    -Lion's Fury & Fury of Quel'Zalam (D) ranged increased
    -Lion's Fury & Fury of Quel'Zalam (D) no longer targets units that aren't visible to the player (also excludes invisible units)
    -Lion's Fury & Fury of Quel'Zalam (D) ranged increased from 600 to 800
    -Sunder & Rend (Q) no longer targets invisible units
    -Sunder & Rend (Q) no longer targets magic immune units
    -Epitaph of the Brotherhood (R) mana cost increased from 100 to 125
    -Epitaph of the Brotherhood (R) cooldown increased from 1 to 42 seconds
    -Epitaph of the Brotherhood (R) no longer displays an in game text
    -Now has his own evolution mini-cinematic

Tyrande
    -Increased Moonlight Blessing/Moonlight Wisdom (W) attack and movement speed bonus accross the board
    -Now has a new extra ability, Celestial Arrow (F). Chilling Howl (F) is now only useable by Sylvanas

Grom
    Chaotic Rage/ Furylust (D) no longer shows an ability icon when cast
    -Cry of the Horde now set as grom's (Q) spell
    -War Stomp spell removed and replaced with Madness
    Madness is a short duration massive attack speed booster
    -Grom's Evolution model replaced with the regular WarCraft III chaos Hellscream model
    -Typo fixed in Grom's evolution dialogue
    -Grom can no longer accidentally skip his evolution

Malfurion
    -Starting Strenght increased from 17 to 23
    -Starting health increased by 100
    -Glyph ability is now only Spirit Release (F)

Jaina
    -Empower (D) + Dimensional Step (E) combo now replenishes mana faster
    -Starting Strenght increased from 16 to 22
    -Starting health increased by 100
    -Glyph ability is now only Spirit Release (F)

Illidan
    -Unleashed Rage (F) cooldown reduced from 35 to 30
    -Illidan can no longer accidentally skip his evolution

Waves Part 1
    -Skeletal Mage's chain lightning damage reduced from 35 to 30 per target

Waves Part 2
    -Blessed Priest health decreased from 645 to 625
    -Blood Elf Mage Model changed to Priest model
    -Blood Elf mage now has a new spellset
    -Water Elemental boss health increased

Waves Part 3
    -Huntress Healt increased from 1850 to 2000
    -Ancient of Justice Health decreased from 18100 to 17100

Waves Part 5
    -More waves added
    -Slight alterations to standing waves
    -Nerazim Champion damage and health reduced

Dungeon One
    -Paladin room is now completely visible during the fight
    -Buffed Paladin's health from 1000 base to 1900
    -Fire Elemental damage increased from 205 to 245
    -Earth Elemental damage increased from 157 to 187
    -Water Elemental attack speed increased by 75%
    -Air Elemental attack damage increased from 147 to 200

Dungeon Two
    -Blood Elf Engineer armor increased from 10 to 15
    -Blood Elf Engineer health increased
    -Keal no longer drops Power-Up!

Dungeon Three
    -Mannoroth health increased
    -Fixed Glitch allowing Arthas/Grom to keep effects of certain abilities forever
    -Fixed Bug where Jaina would become vulenrable while doing a mini-game
    -Cat & Mouse minigame white walls have been darkened

Items
    -Arcane Staff now changed to a quest item.
    -IceBound Blade now grants Endurance Aura
    -Elven Clover now heals 225 instead of 100

Bug Fixes
    -Periapt now properly gives 100 hitpoints
    -Fixed some bugs, where cameras would not pan properly to teleport point of a unit
    -Fixed issue where Tyrande would fail to unlock Chilling Howl (D), if she picks up Glyph of the Forsakne while in Luminescence (R)

**Huge thanks to @NailBigGreen aka ZubatMan for internally fixing the map, allowing it to be worked on in patch 1.28+. Without him this version wouldn't be possible!

***New version uploaded to Makemehost.com under "Hero Siege RPG v0.30"

****Tried fixing all the bugs and adding all your suggestions! A lot are left out and will be coming in the next version. It's a lot of work!

*****Major balance changes may cause this version to be harder than previous, I'll be checking up on it

******Thank you for hosting and giving feedback. The map was hosted 600+ times on makemehost.com and I recevied many private messages from communities around the world giving me feedback!

*******Join the Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers if you are looking for people to play with!

******** Download here Hero Siege RPG or here Hero Siege RPG v.30 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

3. blademaster994

blademaster994

Resources:
    Resources:
    the difficulty is a bit too much for certain heroes to do a single player run

4. Senneria

Senneria

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map is balanced around a full game, and since some heroes lack healing power they will obviously fall short due to being team reliant.

5. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ^^^ exactly :p. The solo mode is really just for trying out the feel of the game

6. Zephyrius2412

Zephyrius2412

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    --' It's not "Kael Th'as" but "Kael'thas", and Alleria is not a Night Elf.

Else I will try to test it.

7. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Any progress going up? :)

8. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hai aphe!!!!! :D

There is a couple of cool new things added and I have some ideas that I want to implement, but I haven't had much time to work on the map because of College :(. I will have the new version likely during Christmas break. I hope we can play it together then :)

9. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, We have defeated (Akama and Malfurion) Balnaazar, and so Malfurion got evolved to Druid.
    However, remembering that Akama had before evolved to Broken and saved all the exp he had accumulated, Druid did not. He was reinstantiated with 1 lvl.

Is that a bug or not?

10. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hai man, that's a bug i thought i fixed a while ago. Annoying to hear it's still happening. Malfurion isn't suppose to start at level 1. Could I just confirm what version you played?
    Thanks for the report btw

11. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, okay. The last one v.30c

12. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a tip that says that no one has even beaten the map.
    It should start as 'As far as I know'. Instead, it goes 'As for as I know'.

13. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hahaha thanks for the heads up

14. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    We have also found one of the greatest bugs of all.

There are two items that let you ressurect (3rd level Gem in a Castle and a 6 Sky Stones Staff) with a cooldown, of course.
    But the cooldown may be set to zero if you drop an item and pick it up again.

Even while using it, we still could not beat up the boss in a ghost prison. Sad.

15. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yikes that sounds like a very big bug. I will look what I can do to fix it.

Yeah the doom guard boss is a little overpowered, I didn't have much time to test him before releasing him, so I may have over-done it. But are you folks playing in a group of 5 or are you still playing as 2?

16. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    We play as 2 as always. As 5 he would be bearable I guess. His attack speed is a wee overpowered, though.

We have also spotted something. There is a Ghost Shield in the prison which lets you unemprison your teammates and emprison ghosts.
    However, after having it picked up once, it will not respawn. So, if your teammate got emprisoned second time, you will not be able to rescue him anymore.

17. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also, when we were fighting Balnaazar, he got up pretty close to an upper side of the TD map and thus provoked doom guard boss to follow him down.
    He raped us there pretty quick.

Do not know as how to classify this. Kappa.

18. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hahahah those bugs are fixed in the upcoming version... I hope.

Also thanks a lot of playing my map! It seems like you guys are enjoying it ;)

19. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    "As far as I know" is an idiom and is a correct one in it's own feat =)

20. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, great map.
    We thank you for it.