• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

hero selection ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
in my map there is supposed to be a circle of neutral-owned heroes
all human players have shared control with neutral player so they can see the heroes abilities
now every hero will have another ability that allows the player to pick that hero
but now functions like GetTriggerPlayer dont return the actually order issuing player, but the owner of the unit, which is Player(15)

i had 1 idea to solve this:
create 1 selection ability for each player, add all 8 abilites (because there are 8 human players) to each of the selectable heroes
disable the other 7 abilities locally for Player(15), so that each player can see only 1 ability
the problem is, that i dont know if SetPlayerAbilityAvailable is synchronized or not and i have no second computer to test if it causes desync

does anyone know if its synchronized or does anyone have another idea to solve this?

Level 7
ok thx for testing that ;)
what happens if you put the abilities into spellbooks and disable the spellbooks instead?
afaik a unit can be ordered to use an ability inside a disabled spellbook but not a disabled ability, which might be the reason for the desync
would be cool if you could test that too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.