• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Selectable Hero, Not on the Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For my current project, I would like for each player to have a sort of omniscient hero who is capable of casting abilities anywhere on the map, and thus must be selectable. However, I do not wish for this unit to be actually seen on the map itself; it should not be involved directly in the game and only in the form of casting abilities.

What would the best way be to have such a hero exist, who is selectable and usable by the player to cast abilities, but cannot actually be seen on the map itself by anyone?

Um, type in graystuff111 rocks!!! into the model path of the hero, and set the selection scale to -1, like in :
53676d1241395202-there-way-disable-alt-key-help-7.jpg

Then have the player just select the hero with the icon in the top-right corner

Level 3
Giving the hero a model that does not work? I can't believe I didn't think of that myself. :eekani:

Anyways, thanks and rep to both of you for the help.

Level 13
For my current project, I would like for each player to have a sort of omniscient hero who is capable of casting abilities anywhere on the map, and thus must be selectable. However, I do not wish for this unit to be actually seen on the map itself; it should not be involved directly in the game and only in the form of casting abilities.

What would the best way be to have such a hero exist, who is selectable and usable by the player to cast abilities, but cannot actually be seen on the map itself by anyone?

go on his model file and click shift+enter and type .mdl
or put his model file to crystal and set all colors to 0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.