• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

hero id in condistions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i want for my save load the hero id in condistions

for example

Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -save as An exact match

Conditions
(matching unit) Equal to hf00

but i can only select a hero on the map

actually i need it in actions to get it work

Actions
Custom script: if (matching unit) Equal to hf00 then
Custom script: if (matching unit) Equal to hrif then
save Trigger
Custom script: endif

Last edited:
That would be

• Custom Script: if GetUnitTypeId(GetFilterUnit()) == 'hf00' then
GetFilterUnit would be (matching unit) in GUI, and GetUnitTypeId is a function that returns the unit's type id (rawcode). This type id is always understood to be an integer, so must be enclosed with ' ' quotes.

For example, a peasant's type of is "hpea" and GetUnitTypeId will return "hpea" for the peasant.

Level 39
Matching unit does not work here; it only works for "pick units in <group> matching <condition where matching unit works>". Why do you want these filters/conditions to be in JASS custom scripts? You can do a unit-type comparison in GUI just fine.

Level 28
Matching unit does not make sense here, you should rather use Entered chat string since you are referring to a player chat event. Your trigger should look like this :

Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -save as A substring

If Substring(Entered chat string, 7, 11) Equal to hf00

Save trigger.

Level 5
i just need a trigger that will test if the player who types save, has the hero.

and i got a trigger for save, and need to add this somehow.

Level 6
Straightforward solution would be
  • Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red))))
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
Or
  • Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red))))
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (TempGroup is empty) Equal to False
    • Then - Actions
    • Else - Actions
But selecting all units in playable map area isn't recommended.

But you can have a global group you add all units of interest to.
For example:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Footman
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Add (Trained unit) to TempGroup

Last edited:
Level 5
guess 2nd would work best, because they also can load them, and another thing is, the units are not placed at the map, so a function for hero selecting on map is not that good, thats why i would need a function with hero id, but 2nd option should work i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.