• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Hero has fallen" text problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I will start by telling that i'm using JNGP and it's causing this problem.
So when the hero dies allied players and you will receive massage: Your Hero has fallen or something like that, it can be changed here: Advanced>Game Interface>F) Text - Massage - '%s the %s (level %d) has fallen.'. but when i delete the line i get the error massage in game when hero dies: Error massage missing. this doesn't happen in normal editor, but this also occurs when i play with friends on LAN not when i test the map alone.
So i want to ask if you know how to replace that text with: Player name (owner of killing unit) has killed Player name (owner of dying unit). Because this is the text i use with triggers when hero dies, but i don't need to massages to inform player specially first one, because it shows to allied only.
I see that in Game Interface names of units are typed with codes like %s, so maybe you could tell how could i type the massage i need. Or if you could tell me what to do with that massage: Error massage missing.
I hope you will help with this problem, +rep for help.

Level 28
Instead of deleting the message, try putting a space there (it should look like an empty string while it isn't).
Removing the string completely never caused any errors for me (but then again, I use text-files to change those things, far better since you have more options and no such bugs :/).

For the "Player name (owner of killing unit) has killed Player name (owner of dying unit)" you just need a simple trigger.
Event: a unit dies
Condition: unit is a hero
Action: Game message (what you said).

It is "message" by the way, a massage is when you rub someone's back (or whatever) because of painful muscles (again, or whatever).

Level 11
Here:

attachment.php

Then create a trigger that shows the message when a hero is killed:

[trigger=]
Sample Trigger
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + ( has killed + (Name of (Owner of (Dying unit)))))
[/trigger]

Level 12
Guys i'm not a noob, i asked if there's a way to do this: Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + ( has killed + (Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))))) in Game Interface, because i don't want two massages informing me about killing unit, I have this trigger but what's the point when i get almost same massage through Game Interface.
ap0calypse pasting spaces there doesn't help at all i still receive Error massage missing.
MortAr which exactly option? -HellBreed- you didn't post it!

Status
Not open for further replies.