• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello there... I don't really know where to put questions like this, but I think it'll be fine here...

erm...

So, I've downloaded some Models for my map I'm creating (yes I won't forget to give them credit)

but here's the problem: Some have a hero glow, and others don't... The models all look really nice, and I can't find a duplicate of it without or with a hero glow.

Do I need to modify the model myself? Or is there some kind of special function I need to use?

Thanks ^^.

Level 5
Level 6
How do you make it colored according to player?

I tried attaching it to a hero by using an ability(Item Attack Orb Bonus, example), and it glows red.

Tried it by trigger(add special effect to unit) it glows red only. How do you make it change color according to player?

Level 5
What you really should do is use the Life Regeration Aura ability (that the Fountain of Life has) and set the health regenerated, area of effect, etc fields to 0 so it doesn't actually do anything. Then do the above method and add the ability.
i actually found this in the comments for the aura file. Do it exactly like this and see if it works (i honestly dont know for i havent tried) seemed to work for others tho.

Level 5
Aura by Ayane

special effect - create a special effect attached to origin of target_unit using aura.mdx
unit - change color of target_unit
(every thing is written even if it's a little messy)

yeah thats it...
and i also noticed that you wont see much difference between a unit with 2 glows and 1 - in case you are too lazy to check the unit you are attaching it to

Status
Not open for further replies.