• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
You can modify the model and add team colored textures to it instead of a base color.

You can do in 2 ways.

1. It's hard and takes more time but will give you more freedom if you want to make more customized stuff.. Learn how models and team colored texures works and make one yourself.

2. Open any Hero unit model with Retera model studio, delete everything except the hero glow. Export the model. Add the hero glow to your custom model.

Level 21
Sorry but the conclusion is not clear to me, can you give me a summary? If you cannot, ok, I will make my effort to understand.

what I had was with morph, not with switching colors, but the solution that worked for me was toggling through the ally color filtering. maybe that wil help you too (mind you in multiplayer games that can be pretty annoying for the players...)

or you can try making the hero glow the way uncle suggested in that thread, he seemed to think making it that way would get rid of the problem (for me) and he's usually pretty on-spot...

Level 24
You can modify the model and add team colored textures to it instead of a base color.

You can do in 2 ways.

1. It's hard and takes more time but will give you more freedom if you want to make more customized stuff.. Learn how models and team colored texures works and make one yourself.

2. Open any Hero unit model with Retera model studio, delete everything except the hero glow. Export the model. Add the hero glow to your custom model.
I'm sorry but I spend a lot of time making maps on my own, and I want to invest in other things.

Level 24
what I had was with morph, not with switching colors, but the solution that worked for me was toggling through the ally color filtering. maybe that wil help you too (mind you in multiplayer games that can be pretty annoying for the players...)

or you can try making the hero glow the way uncle suggested in that thread, he seemed to think making it that way would get rid of the problem (for me) and he's usually pretty on-spot...
I want it to work in normal mode, so I will try the other person's solution.

Level 14
Nice. Finally. I never knew it was that easy. Always thought it should be something around the ally colour filter.
Don't worry about if you are late (just look the difference of time of the previous 2 replies).

And yes, you can use a trigger with the event "Finishes resurrection" or "Finish cast an ability" and compare the abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.