• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Hero fires missile when ordered to cast spell- how to remove?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi all, and a thousand times thank you for all the helpful resources you guys have posted up on this forum. I am making my first map and i've gotten a long way using the various tutorials you guys generously provide.

Now i've come across a problem that i can't figure out on my own. In my map, there's a custom hero ability i can't get right. I want to create a Fireball spell ability that has the look and feel of an Artillery (Line) attack. The image i have in my head for how i want it to look and feel is the attack of the flying dragon from Warcraft 2.

So i created a trigger to make a dummy unit fire an artillery attack from the hero's position when the spell is cast. So far so good. Then i try to activate the trigger by using a hero ability that targets ground but deals no damage, this is where the problem appears.

The problem is that when i order the hero to cast a spell on the ground, he runs up and fires a small missile at the ground, in addition to the attack fired by the dummy unit. The hero is based on Blood Mage. The unwanted missile is Blood Mage's standard missile, even though i have changed his normal attack to use a different missile art.

I have tried using spells based on Flame Strike, Channel (didnt work, icon disappeared after learning), and Blizzard.

Any ideas for how to remove the missile? I assume i am missing something about the object editor, that's why i posted in this section.
Thanks in advance.

Level 20
Blood mages have sphere ability which functions everytime he begins casting any targeting ability. However, if you want to remove the spawning sphere projectile you should remove the Sphere ability in the Blood mage by Object Editor.

Level 39
Blood mages have sphere ability which functions everytime he begins casting any targeting ability. However, if you want to remove the spawning sphere projectile you should remove the Sphere ability in the Blood mage by Object Editor.
Correct, or OP can alter the art fields in the sphere ability to change the effect or remove the art altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.