• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero does not use an ability against creeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey there!

I apologize in advance if this question has been answered before. I have spent quite a time to search for it on the site and I did not find anything about it.

My problem is that heroes do not use certain abilities against creeps but they have no problem whatsoever using them against heroes or player owned units. For example the Rain of Chaos ability ... the hero dies while killing creeps without using it but if it encounters a player owned unit it uses immediately.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

You can manually order the hero to cast it, e.g. when they take damage.
  • Trigger1
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters (Playable Map Area)
  • Conditions
    • ((Triggering unit) is in HeroesGroup) Equal to False
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to HeroesGroup
    • Trigger - Add to Trigger2 <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) takes damage)
  • Trigger2
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Position of (Damage Source))
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Neutral Archimonde - Rain of Chaos Point1
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
This is just an example.

Level 4
Ah well I could trigger it indeed but I just want to find out the reason. On my map the heroes are creeping in their leveling area and they are going to locations set by the AI I have written. The main point is that the heroes use their ability to fight creeps aswell.

If there is no other way i will trigger the spell aswell but it is just so annoying that some skills are working fine, the heroes use them frequently but others not. I actually deleted many of the abilities I made because the heroes dont use them against creeps and today just had enough and wanted to find out whats the difference for example a s chain lightning ( that is used frequently ) or a Rain of Chaos that is not used at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.