• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero Corpse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
If you just want a corpse visually, set its Art - Death Time (seconds) in the Unit Editor to a higher number. You can go above 20.00 seconds by holding shift while clicking to change the value. This will prevent the dissipate animation from playing until that amount of time has passed.

If you want the corpse to be used with abilities like Cannibalize or Raise Dead, you'll have to replace the dead hero with a dead unit that uses the same model as the hero. If the model used is specifically made to be a hero, then chances are it won't have a decay animation. You can use the trigger action Unit - Create Corpse, but it will instantly create a corpse and will only show the stand animation of hero models.

Level 21
Create a dummy unit which has the same model of the hero e.g if the hero is Paladin, then you create a dummy unit with model Paladin
Then, by triggers, you check when the hero dies, wait for him to play his death animation and then through the Unit - Create Corpse, you create a corpse of the dummy unit.

Level 11
I'm planning to make one generic trigger (if u know what i mean - one trigger and one dummy for each hero, cause there will be lots of heroes) , or i can just create a corpse of the dying unit once it finishes with the dying animation?
what do you say? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.