• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero ability selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, I couldn't find any thread that is made in the recent year about this when searching the forums. I have found some older guides and threads but they don't seem to work any more.

I want to create a map where you pick your heroes abilities so they can be learned using skill points. When i use the good old Engineering Upgrade trick the "placeholder" ability will shop up instead of the intended ability once you learn the skill (it shows up as it should in under the red cross for Hero abilities). I have downloaded test maps from earlier threads,and I get the same result as I do in my own map. One example of this is "test5" in this thread: [Trigger] - Adding Spell to Hero Ability

Is there some way to work around this?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Engineering Upgrade has been bugged since Reforged came out. It seems to work fine for Tinker's abilities but has issues with others. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be fixed anytime soon.

I'd say the best solution, and one that opens up room for tons of possibilities, is to use Custom UI for learning/leveling these skills. Although, I realize this isn't a simple solution and will require some coding skill and learning how to use the new UI natives. If you're interested, search "Hiveworkshop Tasyen UI".

Level 5
Engineering Upgrade has been bugged since Reforged came out. It seems to work fine for Tinker's abilities but has issues with others. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be fixed anytime soon.

I'd say the best solution, and one that opens up room for tons of possibilities, is to use Custom UI for learning/leveling these skills. Although, I realize this isn't a simple solution and will require some coding skill and learning how to use the new UI natives. If you're interested, search "Hiveworkshop Tasyen UI".
Thanks, that's a bummer. Should have learned myself proper coding way back. Maybe it's time to start, waiting for Blizzard to fix any issues related to custom map making seems hopeless!

Status
Not open for further replies.