• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Here is a Dota-like hero respawn >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I see that very much people are asking for a good hero respawn so I made one that is like dota (with a timer that makes the hero respawn after seconds that you choose). You will need a variable of type unit with no aray(name is herorespawn)
  • Respawn
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
  • ((Triggering unit) is a Hero) equal to True
  • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) equal to Player 1 (Red)
  • Actions
  • Set herorespawn = (Triggering unit)
  • Countdown Timer - Start (last started timer) as a One-shot timer that will expire in (here you put the time. It maybe an arithmetic. I used max life + max mana / 180. This way it will be good for each level.)
  • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (last created timer) With title (here you put a tittle).
  • Wait (here you do the arithmetic you did on the countdown timer so when the Timer expires the hero revives) seconds
  • Hero - Revive herorespawn at (center of (your region) <gen>), Show revival graphics
  • Countdown Timer - Destroy (last created timer window)
Read it carefuly so you can understand it if your not very good with triggers. If you want you can also add a color to the countdown timer using this action

• Countdown Timer - Change the color of the title for (last created timer window) to (100.00%, 12.00%, 64.00%) with 0.00% transparency
This color is purple. Goodbye!

Last edited:
Level 12
This is very unlike Dota.
No matter if admitted by others, Dota is a well coded map.
Example:
Timer windows are not what is displayed in Dota.
In Dota you see a Multieboard.

Level 5
this site helps for a MUI revive system and is GUI/JASS friendly, kinda got me started on learning jass a while back take a look if u cant figure out a respawn system for yourself

Revive Fallen Heros

Status
Not open for further replies.