• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Helping with triggered-spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Why not

ive already accepted your proposal but my om 's arrive slow for some reason
if u have a wc3 tft account please tell me and ill add u etc.

Level 18
tell me what your spell should be like. maybe i could help

Well currently I'm working on 3 ultimates that are triggered. I want one that is called Elemental Prison that triangularly barricades (with some sort of barrier- walls, special effects like fire, ice, whatever) in a small area. Then outside the barricades at the 3 corners of the triangle, there would be elemental wards- one fire, one ice, and one lightning. I'm thinking that I would want the actual prison to last 5 seconds, but the buffs for cold, fire damage, and lightning (probably purge) to last 10 seconds. It would need to be able to work on all ground units, including heros.

Then I'm working on Slow Time, which I have posted in other threads but no one seems to be able to figure out the bug I have in it that keeps the dummy unit from casting its ability

And thirdly, I currently have a lvl 12(out of 13 lvls) ultimate for the Death Knight, who is the main evil guy in the map that the other 8 players are against, that is called Battle Stance and transforms him into a unmounted DK... and though this is cool AND he basically owns anything, the model for the umounted DK takes up wayyyy too much space- so I was hoping I could think of a new ultimate ability in place of this that would suffice. His lvl 6 ultimate is a vampire bat that has truesight and echo-location, which allows him to locate the positions of all enemy heros on the map for 15 seconds.

Level 18
they dont seem to be to hard... 1 one:
i will help you:
Should unit be able to attack/cast spells when in elemental prison?
Should lightning buff damage more summoned and undead units, and frozen one to slow it down?
How many levels?
Do you want icon/tooltip/anything else?

Oh awesome man, thanks.
Let me answer your questions now:

Units should be able to cast spells but not attack while in elemental prison.
Lightning should damage summoned and undead, frozen should slow, fire should give incinerate(burn)dmg. *Just to repeat myself, the prison itsself should last 5 seconds, and the buffs 10 seconds.

One level, it is an ultimate ability. It shouldn't be based so much on damage, but on crippling the units caught inside the 'prison'- but it still needs to deal a decent amount of damage. An icon would be nice, since almost everything in this map has custom icons. I can do the tooltip for it.

*Also, try to use as little variables as possilbe, and not make it in JASS. Use WE: Unlimited to create it.* Thanks again.

about a day. heres icon! and screen!

Attachments

• BTNElementalPrison.blp
    9.9 KB · Views: 181
  • DISBTNElementalPrison.blp
    6.9 KB · Views: 181
  • screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 204
Level 18
about a day. heres icon! and screen!

wow man you are awesome, i wasn't expecting it to look exactly how i wanted it to! good job dude. I have a few requests though- 1) Can the wards be a little more aligned with the triangle's corners? so it looks symetrical. 2) could there be a spell line(like the 3 that make up the barriers) from the caster to the prison for the 5 seconds that it exists, for he should be channeling it. 3) Probably the least likely to happen, but perhaps you wont put this up as a spell for other people to DL, because I would really enjoy it being exclusive to my map. 4) the icon is great too, but i was envisioning more of a green soft background like natural looking.. is this possible? 5) Will you be willing to help with 3 other ultimate abilities after this? 2 of them I simply would need you to review my triggers and tell me why my dummy unit doesn't cast its ability, and the last would be a lvl 12 ult for the Death Knight. I'm not expecting you to at all, so don't worry. But it'd be really helpful if you could, and you will get due credit in the map of course!

good job so far man :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 18
OK, im gonna help you any way you need it... icon... hmmm... maybe edt this one?

:eekani: ! you're the best. And if you meant for ME to edit this one, I can't. My art skills are worth shit, I don't have photoshop, or even a program that can view TGA. But yes, you could edit that one since it's basically fine, just it would look a little better with a green background in my opinion, just how the blue one looks... only green! Is it possible to create some sort of special effect above the prison? like the buff for scroll of protection, only a larger version of it? if not it's fine, that was just a little something extra to add :grin:

Level 2
Hmm... I don't know anything about JASS, but I can do a bit in GUI. I've created about... 50 or more trigger-edited spells, some simple, some complicated. If there's a spell that HappyTauren can't do, I'll take a stab at it. I'm just there if you need someone else, in case you're going to be releasing newer versions and updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.