• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help making map in World Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I need help from someone who know to make maps and who know to work great with triggers.I need only 1 or 2 people to help me with triggers.Can anyone help?:grin:
P.S i am making map and thats why i need trigger help

Level 34
Post more information on you're map, what kind of map it is, maybe an outline of the story. Pictures are nice if you have any terrain done.

You could also just post what kind of trigger you want help with in the trigger section.

Also this should probably go in the Map Development section.

Level 1
Post more information on you're map, what kind of map it is, maybe an outline of the story. Pictures are nice if you have any terrain done.

You could also just post what kind of trigger you want help with in the trigger section.

Also this should probably go in the Map Development section.
I am making map like dota.Terrain will be same but all other should be changed. And i dont think i will publish it.

Level 10
Template

You mean an AoS? So like dota and everything is the same. Even though i think this wont work... attached is a Dota Template i snatched up from thehelper.net's world edit tutorials. I came across this a while ago. And i remembered it after seeing your topic. I will attach it for download in this post, here is the posted information about it:
------------------------------------
May I introduce today, the DotA Template by SD_Ryoko and AceHart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just add Heroes and items! A free DotA template for any mapper to use. Includes all the desired modes of gameplay. All random, All pick, an item combiner, multiboard and sample heroes. Revives fallen heroes and tallies score. Prevents most back dooring and spawns stronger units when barracks fall. Revives creeps camps on the map. A free, open source map for you to create your own Defense of the Ancients.

Don't put up with one new broken hero a month anymore! Sick of the fact they won't fix Naix? Comes with a rock solid, non-looping random hero engine.

FOR QUESTIONS about DotA, the World Editor, or bugs, post in the forums.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES

Configure the map in the initialization trigger.
Create your heroes and add them to the Hero Setup Triggers.
Add each hero to the gamplay constants
-Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Hero : ADD ALL THERE.

Game play Modes: (host only)

-ap
-allpick

All pick. Choose from any tavern.

-ar
-allrandom

All random. Each player recieves a random hero.

-reverse

Every player picks a Hero from either Tavern.
That Hero is randomly assigned to a player of the other team!
If there's more players in one team, those poor sobs get a random Hero.
-repick and -random are not available in this mode.

-sc
-supercreeps

Every now and then a couple Super Creeps (really strong Creeps) will spawn for your team.

-id
-itemdrop

A dying Hero drops a random item. Even undroppable ones!

-dm [number]
-deathmatch [number]

Death Match. Each player gets [number] lives.
If your Hero dies too often, you're history.
If no number is given, it defaults to 3.

-uber

Heroes start at level 10 and revive in half the time.

-sm
-shortmode

Heroes gain experience faster
Structures have less hitpoints.
You get more Gold (16 every 8 seconds, instead of only 8 every 8 seconds).

-usm
-ultrashortmode

Heroes gain experience faster.
Towers are weaker.
More money.
Heroes start at level 10 and revive in half the time.

-mb
-multiboard

Toggle.
Revival times will show either in the multiboard, visible for all players, or only for the owner of the dead Hero.

Commands available to all players:

-random

Random Hero.
Don't know what Hero to pick?
Random only works once.

-repick

Repick a Hero.
Didn't like the Hero you got?
Try another one.
Repick only works once.

-ms
-movespeed

Shows your Hero's movement speed.

-ma
-matchup

Shows which Heroes your opponents control.

Post Script
On a side note, I would really love to see the two original healers come back. Sorceress, and Furion. :D

Credits to SD_Ryoko and Acehart in your map if you are going to use this.

The link to where i got this is here:

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=137

Good luck. Try looking at the triggers and learning from them. (Sorry for being lazy and just putting this on, for those who are going to judge me for laziness and the casual "People dont learn by copying" do not blame me, i did not make this and i am too lazy and un-willing to provide all the triggers and explain them fully)

Attachments

• Dota Template 1.0.w3x
    364.4 KB · Views: 88
Level 9
So you don't know triggers, you don't actually have a map idea, and you want OTHER people to make a map for you? If you don't know triggers you won't be able to make original spells, either, so it's just going to end off with something that is worse than the real DotA.

Level 1
So you don't know triggers, you don't actually have a map idea, and you want OTHER people to make a map for you? If you don't know triggers you won't be able to make original spells, either, so it's just going to end off with something that is worse than the real DotA.
The map is half done.I just need Heroes and Items.The other triggers are done.Like -ar or -ap or -ms and triggers for the creeps for lose and victory.I just need help for the Heroes and items.

Status
Not open for further replies.