• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi.

So I need a trigger for my warriors so that when they are hit by skills or spells they get rage points from them. I have no idea is this even possible to create tbh. I have a trigger that generates rage points for warriors in my map when they use their normal melee hits or when they are hit by normal attacks. So is it possbile for them to get rage also from their attack skills and when they are hit by skills or spells? Seems kinda unfair if warrior doesnt gain rage if mage is spamming spells on it.. I tried but couldnt make a trigger for that. Maybe someone more skilled will be able to do that. This might turn to be important if the map will be PvP.

And another thing i wanted to ask if anyone knows how to make some skills share cooldown so that it only affect those specific skills. What I mean by this, is that i need 3 skills to share cd or lock when one is used, so that the hero can only have 1 of them active at the time?

Level 2
In case you meant this..

RagePoints
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
Conditions
((Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Grimbald 0028 <gen>) or ((Triggering unit) Equal to Grimbald 0028 <gen>)
Actions
Unit - Set mana of Grimbald 0028 <gen> to ((Mana of Grimbald 0028 <gen>) + 20.00)

it doesn't work..

Nothing happens when i cast spells on the warrior, he doesn't gain any rage from it.

Level 2
I could but I've no idea what "damage engine" is or how it works. Im still pretty new with the triggers and I don't know quite how they work.

But i did check this damage engine by Bribe and let me tell you, I did not understand any of it =/.

And it certainly doesn't help that english is not my native language and for that reason I don't even understand what most of the words/triggers in the trigger editor mean or what they do or how they work. As I said my english is not that good and that's why I have all these problems creating triggers :(

If there's any way you could help me I would really appreciate it.

Level 6
Okay, I have edited Bribe's Dds test map and added a basic form of your "rage" ability. I suggest using evasion or crit strike with 0% as a base spell instead of channel like I used... This test map should help you. GL

Attachments

• GDD 1.2.1 Demo (A).w3x
    25.9 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.