• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with this trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello.
i'm making a Passive skill called "Blessing of siren" which gives 2/4/6 % chance when struck by enemy unit to silence nearby enemies (10/20/30% in beta mode) .
Problem is that i'm not very good at making triggers, yet.

this is what i've made sofar, and i can see a few errors, but i don't know how else to do.

• Blessing of Siren
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blessing of Siren
    • Actions
      • Set SirenB_integer = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
      • Set SirenB_Unit = (Attacked unit)
      • Set SirenB_Loc = (Position of SirenB_Unit)
      • If ((Level of Blessing of Siren for SirenB_Unit) Equal to 1) then do (Set loops = 1) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Level of Blessing of Siren for SirenB_Unit) Equal to 2) then do (Set loops = 2) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Level of Blessing of Siren for SirenB_Unit) Equal to 3) then do (Set loops = 3) else do (Do nothing)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • SirenB_integer Less than or equal to 10
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Blessing of Siren dummy for (Owner of SirenB_Unit) at SirenB_Loc facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Silence SirenB_Loc
        • Else - Actions

i would really appreciate some help with this mess...

Level 3
well, the ability is a passive ability so i can't use "ability being cast", and as i said, i'm not sure how to make this work.

Level 3
hmm, wha?
can you show me in triggers how you mean?
and how would that link this trigger with the Unit that got the Passive ability?

• Blessing of Siren
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blessing of Siren - < Remove this
  • Level of Blessing of Siren of (attacked/attacking - Whose unit has the ability) unit) not equal to 0 <- add this.. it will work 100%ly!
  • Actions
  • Set SirenB_integer = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
  • Set SirenB_Unit = (Attacked unit)
  • Set SirenB_Loc = (Position of SirenB_Unit)
  • If ((Level of Blessing of Siren for SirenB_Unit) Equal to 1) then do (Set loops = 1) else do (Do nothing)
  • If ((Level of Blessing of Siren for SirenB_Unit) Equal to 2) then do (Set loops = 2) else do (Do nothing)
  • If ((Level of Blessing of Siren for SirenB_Unit) Equal to 3) then do (Set loops = 3) else do (Do nothing)
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  • If - Conditions
  • SirenB_integer Less than or equal to 10
  • Then - Actions
  • Unit - Create 1 Blessing of Siren dummy for (Owner of SirenB_Unit) at SirenB_Loc facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Silence SirenB_Loc
  • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.