• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Help with this item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I made this custom item which is has a custom skill based on the Tauren Chieftain's reincarnation. It works fine and I set the cooldown group to the custom ability. But every time the item enters its cooldown the Hero can just drop the item and pick it up again to reset the cooldown instantly.

I don't have this problem on my other item which has warstomp as a custom ability.

Level 16
Make two versions of the item. The new version should be exactly as the first, except it cannot be dropped.

When the item enters cooldown, replace it with the second item. Replace it with the first item again when cooldown finishes.
But that will prevent him from dropping the item, which he could possibly want to do not to reset the cooldown but to free space for another item, although I don't know of a solution yet but I think it would better it it is made without two version item.

______
_EDIT_

There is something that I don't understand which is why the group cooldown is not working, I have tried this with an item that have resurrection ability and when I used the item and its cooldown started I dropped it and picked it up again and the cooldown have not reset, perhaps you are doing something wrong with the object editor.

Last edited:
Level 21
  • Item - Make (Last created item) Undroppable
No need for a separate item.

Good question though, why would it reset? I have no idea either, but I guess it's because the only other item of this kind is ankh of reincarnation, which uses charges instead of cooldown.

Level 7
Perhaps you could give the item charges, set max charges to 1. Set Perishable to false.
Now you have an Ankh with one charge that goes to 0 charges when used, but remains.
Make a trigger to check when it's beeing used, and add a charge after your desired cooldown.

It might not be the best solution, but i think it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.