• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys.

I am working at an Anime project. And today I first thought of a spell like holding an enemy at his position, damaging it over a period of time, while the caster is channeling it. Any other action by the caster should interrupt the casting and end the spell effect.
Okay, here is my question:
I am kinda good expirienced in GUI, but I do not want to do the whole spell in triggers. So, if there is any, what basic spell would you tell me to edit. You know, in object editor. It should at least do the holding and the channeling.
Please, help me.

Thx, Stoani

PS: Magic Leash does not work, because the net effect at the target remains. Or can i just remove it ?

Hey guys.

I am working at an Anime project. And today I first thought of a spell like holding an enemy at his position, damaging it over a period of time, while the caster is channeling it. Any other action by the caster should interrupt the casting and end the spell effect.
Okay, here is my question:
I am kinda good expirienced in GUI, but I do not want to do the whole spell in triggers. So, if there is any, what basic spell would you tell me to edit. You know, in object editor. It should at least do the holding and the channeling.
Please, help me.

Thx, Stoani

PS: Magic Leash does not work, because the net effect at the target remains. Or can i just remove it ?

you can use Magic Leash, just change all of the buffs or remove some. I'm sure you can remove it because I done it some time ago for an itachi spell.... just play with those buffs.

Level 13
Not sure if Magic Leash = Aerial Shackles.

But I know that you can take Aerial Shackes and do what you're requesting. Consider removing the lightning effect if you need to, and the net of Aerial Shackles is found in a buff I believe. So you'll have to go to the buff editor and make your own or modify Aerial Shackle's. Change desired art as needed. Good luck! Hope this works. If not I'll go find a solution in WE myself.

Level 1
Okay, thank you all guys!
It works now, i got to use Aerial Shackles and create my own buffs, like Titanhex said.
The mistake was, that i just removed buffs.
Greetz, Stoani

Status
Not open for further replies.