• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] help with spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
hey, i'm making a spell, chain channeling spell, but not all trigger was function properly, can u please help me with this trigger?
  • Action
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of Caster) at Shackles_Point facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
  • Unit - Add Dummy shackles to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Set level of Dummy shackles for (Last created unit) to (Level of Chain Shackles for Caster)
  • Set Chain_Missile = (Last created unit)
  • Unit Group - Add Chain_Missile to Chain_group
  • Unit - Order Chain_Missile to Human Dragonhawk Rider - Aerial Shackles Shackles_Target
  • Unit - Add a (Real(cs_int)) second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
i want when the spell end, all dummy unit ws removed, but the dummy unit didn't channeling the spell at all, what wrong with this? can u please help me?
i attached the map as well.

Attachments

• Spell Chain Shackle.w3x
    48.8 KB · Views: 41
Level 6
when created immediately set the dummy unit to Chain_Missile variable and use this, not the (last created unit) in your actions /like: Unit - Add Dummy shackles to Chain_Missile/.

Level 10
when created immediately set the dummy unit to Chain_Missile variable and use this, not the (last created unit) in your actions /like: Unit - Add Dummy shackles to Chain_Missile/.
I'm already try that, but this is happen:
the dummy cast spell correctly, but they didn't channel that. after about 3 second, the dummy stop channel the spell.

Last edited:
Level 8
Here it is

Mage, I fixed your problem.
The thing is you need unit which has channel
animation. There is no other way to make unit to
use any channeling ability...
Sorry for keeping you waiting...
Although you have another problem now.
Your dummy units aren't stoping to channel if
you interupt it. I worked little on that but I'm
preoqupied with work...
And one advice:
Try to simplify your triggers a bit.
example: if you already added chain shackle to your
dummy unit in Object Editor you don't need to add it
again with triggers, and as you've created a variable
us it. Example: you created a variable chain_misile and
defined it as your dummy unit. when you have some trigger
your dummy unit use a variable and not (last created unit)

And once again: Sorry for waiting...
I did what i could and what I had time for...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.