• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with a GUI Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The spell I need help with is a no target channeling spell, I based it off of "Starfall"(and made it no one is hit by it). What the hero does is he channels the spell and for every second the spell is channeled his hidden spell gets more powerful. His hidden spell is Bladestorm.

My problem is that i don't know what to do about making his Bladestorm hidden and that when the caster is done with his spell to use bladestorm.
Do I just make a trigger that makes a dummy Bladestorm and the caster just uses his animation for it?

Please Help

Level 4
i'm not with WE for now i think u should make

channel trigger
evnt - unit begin channeling ability
con - ability being cast (your ability)
act - set caster = casting unit
- turn (on bladestorm trigger)

Bladestorm Trigger
evnt - every 1 sec
con -
act - create 1 dummy at position caster blah blah blah
- add bladestorm to last created unit
- (i think u should store the dummy into variable)

Bladestorm cast trigger

evnt - unit finished channel (i think)
con - ability being cast (your ability)
act - order (your dummy on variable) to cast bladestorm
[EDIT] - play caster spin animation (if he has ^_^!)

correct me if i'm wrong :grin:

Level 15
You can use the Action

• Actions
    • Player - Disable Bladestorm for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
And then when you want to enable the ability

• Actions
    • Player - Enable Bladestorm for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
If you're confused on what it does, it removes the ability from all units that the player owns. So this may not work well if a player will have more than one unit using the skill (MUI).

To make the spell weaker or more powerful, you can give it, lets say, 20 levels. Each level could represent a second of channeling time; so 1 second = level 1, 2 seconds = level 2, etc. Then when you use the second action I told you, you can set the level of the spell based on how long the channeling lasted.

Level 13
Do you want the damage per second on the ability? Try permanent immolation.
I still don't get what he wants for the skill though. He says he wants the bladestorm to be hidden. What enters my mind is that the animation is hidden so its like he wants the damage per second and just remove this ability after the duration.If you want to the abilty to damage more increase the level of the ability.

Just a thought. xP If I make no sense ignore me. LOL!

Level 15
It's obvious what he's saying..

You cast the first ability and channel it. While you channel it Bladestorm is hidden (and while you're not channeling it). After you're finished channeling or it's cancelled prematurely, the unit gets the Bladestorm ability. Depending on how long the Channeling skill lasted gives the Bladestorm more or less power.

Level 2
Im very sorry to cause so much confusion im terrible at explaining stuff and im new to THW.

I wanted a visible single spell on the spell bar, where the hero can cast spells such as shockwave, holy light etc. the spell i want to make is a channeling spell and for ever sec that the unit is channeling the spell the "hidden spell-(Bladestorm)"(meaning that the hero has Bladestorm but the player can only use Bladestorm after casting the channeling spell) gets more powerful such as more damage dealt with the bladestorm. and i do want the the casting unit to show his animation for bladestorm and to not be able to cast other spells while spinning. And thank you all for helping me in this dark dark time...

Level 7
I didn't get what r u trying to say but i think u can use spellbook ability, add it to your unit and then dissable it... That way u can order it via triggers to cast that spell... So do you want a channeling Bladestorm? If u like, make a trigger that will run every 1 second of game time and damage all units within X range of the caster... Add your anymation to animation spell names on your spell in object editor

Level 4
hmm... like the channel abillity???
if the visible option disable the channel ability is invisible...?

Status
Not open for further replies.