• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with Spell (Moonbeam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Seas =)

I want to create a spell - I can create it but I need to type years for it. Maybe some one can help me to get the shortest/or a short trigger for it.

The Spell: Moonbeam -> casted by Druid
(At casting unit I will create a TempPoint for range)

The Spell should create 8 moonbeams around the casting unit (45x45) (250 range from casting unit) - the effect should be the starfall effect (this effect from casting unit). Now all enemies in the first circle (range: casting unit - 250) should get damage (for example: 100 damage).

Now this should happen again, create moonbeams (8 - 45*45 BUT in 450 Range) And know all units in range 250 - 450 should get (for example 75 damage)

And a 3 circle - same effects with range 650 - and all enemies in range 450 - 650 should gets for example 50 damage.

- Circle 1 should created directly when casted. Circle 2, 1 second later from casting and circle 3, 2 seconds later from casting.
- The moonbeam effect should stay for 1.5 seconds - and then it gets removed.
- Each player (maximum 9) can pick the druid and cast the spell at the same time, so trigger need handle that.

1) I can create something like that - but for each player - and each effect etc. I will need 5 years, because I'm not a good trigger dude and then it still doesn't work - effects aren't remove sometimes - no damage sometimes or nothing happen and so on. So I ask for help.
2) I hope you understand what I need - and if you have some time for this - I hope you can help me.
3) As I think, this spell need sometime, say me how can I give you +5rep - and I will do it for this long help.
4) Edit: I ask because I only create a buggy Moonbeams - I delete it - I try a 2nd time - bugged again and deleted.

~Thanks

Level 22
you only need two triggers for this, as for the moonbeam you want it as starfall, make it blizzard change aoe amount of shards and effects and damage and it will look the same, then you jsut need to make a timer in your loop and when it reaches its max it fires and reloads the timer so it will recount to the max again and it goes on like that

Here is a trigger for the damage..... this is only for up to the 450 range, you can just add more lines for more ranges.... This is basically a demonstration of what baassee says....

• Set group = Unit Group - Pick every unit within 250 of casting unit(you can add conditions here to make it only pick those from the enemy)
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in group and do actions
    • Unit - Damage (picked unit)
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit within 450 of casting unit
    • If - Conditions
      • If unit is in group equal to false
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Damage (picked unit)
      • Unit Group - Add (picked unit) to group
    • Else - Actions
I'm not sure if I posted the right actions because I'm not with my WE right now... but its basically like that .... also the trigger above is instant, I read you want a delay for each range.... I think it will be a lot easier to make and edit in JASS...

Status
Not open for further replies.