• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

--Help With Skins--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ok I'm fine with editing skins but i want to know if there is an easy way to use multiple skins for one model? for example, If i take the marine model and edit the skin twice, so i now have to different variations of the texture can i use both in game. (More importantly can i use more than one in game?) thanks...

Level 19
yes it can but, i only knows 1 way....
u need mdl mdx converter..

i mean the model u want if its orginal model... go wc3 viewer extract model tu ur desktop open model with mdl mdx converter convert to mdl open mdl in wordpad change path there and then its like a new model.... and hcnage back to mdx i dont know any other way sry m8 :p

Level 10
Well it is easily done, however it costs map size

If you post the skins and the model you want with alternate skins I'll do it for you. And if you want to do it yourself:

Get magos model editor (ion the resources section) and open the file, import your texture with the texture manager
change the material to have the new texture
remove the old texture form the texture manager
save the model as xxxWood/Green/etc.mdx

so you you know which model uses which skin.
Then import it into warcraft III with the new texture and it should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.