• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help with skill ability (similar idea to troll range/melee from dota)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi im new here.
ive been mucking around on worldedit for a little while now
now i dont know much about the trigger editor except that its usefull if i know how to use it.

my question about this abiltiy im trying to make is....
is there a way to make an autocast ability [for eg. searing arrows] used from a distance just by normal attacking? though the unit using the skill is melee or has shorter range than the abilities range.
so just like bieng able to switch from melee to range in a single right click.

the character im trying to test it on acts like a melee but is actually a range unit with its range been set down low to attack at melee distance and no missile model. i just want to know if i could make the autocast allow the unit to begin using the skill from a distance just as if it were range once i put autocast on?

Level 6
Use some morping based spell. like form ilidan metamorposis of what is it...
than normal unit is your curen unit, than make a copy of that unit and set it attck 1 to mele. and set it as alternative unit(or use some other morh spell that have no duratin(that become permantent when you cast it))

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Level 2
ima....very noob and very new...so dont quite get what youre describing sorry. if you dont mind, could explain in a simpler form, what youre trying to propose?

hmmm....who made the trolls melee/range switch skill? i wonder how it works....

Level 19
Metamorphosis with 0 duration
Its not same unit
its 2 different units with 2 different types of attack
one is ranged one is close range
Metamorphosis morphs them between them

Level 2
well i understand that metamorphosis part
isnt it going to look funny if youre gonna be activating this skill in order to get what i am looking for during a game though? or are you saying using the 'metamorphosis' character as the original?
like i make the metamorphosis and all that, but when i comes to editing the metamorphed version, i put everything normal on that and use this character on the game instead of the unmorphed version?
then how would it work though? im just trying to get a skill thats on a melee/short ranged unit/hero to start attacking from a further distance becuase of the ability of the skill. just like the melee/range switching skill of the Troll Warlord from Dota. the problem is that its a skill like searing arrows and its able to autocast. i want to keep this skill easy and simple to use.

Level 19
so you want an autocast skill that makes someone attack from increased range
Im out this is too advanced for me

Level 2
oops sorry
that means this request must be waaaaaay beyond a noob like me that only started a few weeks ago.....

Status
Not open for further replies.