• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Sight radius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Wasnt sure where to post this, so off topic =P.

Im making a new in wich i need heros to have 7000 sight radius, i modify the field in the unit editor and works fine. However when they revive the line of sight is reduced to like unit sight radius.

Ive tryed many things to try to fix this, and the best ive got is freezing time to night and then when they revive sight is fine, however this only works with units that are already placed in the beggining. EX. i put a hero into map and works fine, but if i pick the hero even if its the same class it doesnt work.

Any ideas why this is happening?

PS: Im using circles of power to choose heros.

Level 11
This goes either to spells section. However, since I'm responsible only for it and I have no moderation access, I cannot move this thread but I can help you.

So, in the object editor the unit has this bonus sight as an UNIT ABILITY? This is very important. Are both the hero pickable (at the circle of power) and picked (with which the player plays) practically the same unit? I repeat this is very important. If they are not, you will need to give this sight radius for both the units. Moreover, do the units spawned have this ability? Again, very important. You must assure that practically all the units who must have this ability, actually possess it. I'm sure there is some misunderstanding.

~Daelin

Level 2
It is the same unit that is picked is just moved and given ownership to player, however it is not an ability is simply sight radius. I fixed it by adding a unit with locust that follows the heros since no one in all the places i posted knew how to fix it the right way. Thank you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.