• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with my trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys, I have been working on a map for a while, and earlier today, me and some friends were playing it, and all of a sudden, one of the triggers that had been working perfectly, didn't work, even though i haven't been changing in it for a while..
The xp part no longer was functioning. Even though the trigger is meant to grant xp for completing the quest, no xp i received at all.

wtt.png

Can any of you spot the error? I really cant..
The trigger is for the completion part of a quest in a rpg map.

Last edited:
Level 3
In such situation it really helps to insert "debug text messages". Just insert "Game - display message" to all players as very first action. Like this you can check if the trigger gets fired or not maybe the quest[1] is not enabled? Maybe the dying unit is of another type? With the message being shown you can be sure if youve done everything correctly. Then you can insert another message to display the amount of bandits killed - test it like this.

Level 1
In such situation it really helps to insert "debug text messages". Just insert "Game - display message" to all players as very first action. Like this you can check if the trigger gets fired or not maybe the quest[1] is not enabled? Maybe the dying unit is of another type? With the message being shown you can be sure if youve done everything correctly. Then you can insert another message to display the amount of bandits killed - test it like this.

The problem was not the quest, because it got completed in F9, and it displayed the quest completed message.. The xp part did not work however

Moin moin =)

No the solution is much easier:
- You filter the wrong units in your group. It must be "...matching (matching unit) is a Hero == true"
not "(picking unit) is a Hero == true"

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

The trigger works perfectly now, thanks a bunch man! Had looked at that trigger a million times, and i simply couldnt spot the error :)

Status
Not open for further replies.