• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Look, im trying to make something like a "civilization" on a common map of warcraft. You know that this class of maps have a trigger called "Melee Initialization". I don't want and acction in this trigger ( i think in this trigger is the action) that makes the player or AI start in a random location. So you can help me with this:

1- Tell me how to stop the random location ( Because i want to put the special urban center -a naga one- without another base in the same place)

2- Or how to put the naga like a starter urban center ( whit any civilization )

Thanks from now and sorry for my bad english :)

Gromash_19 EDIT: if my question is in a bad zone, i please wait to a moderator to move it, i dont want to have 100 replys telling me that this thread is in a bad zone. Thanks.

Level 3
Good idea, but if i do that, someone needs to tell me how to make run the ai, cuz i try much triggers for that but i seem to not work ( and if i delete that, its much work putting the startings units and all :S). Its for play with the computer. And if i put the urban center and that it simply not work.

Last edited:
Level 25
Only delete the actions that creates starting units?
-or-
Delete the old trigger, make a new trigger and only add what you want in it?

Also, in the time that it took you to create this thread, you could have placed all the starting units.

Level 3
Only delete the actions that creates starting units?
-or-
Delete the old trigger, make a new trigger and only add what you want in it?

Also, in the time that it took you to create this thread, you could have placed all the starting units.

Ok, i say i have probe that and this thread is for ask what action i need because i tried them. And in the time you write a little text cursing me, you could probably read the entire text and not do a reply like that.

Level 10
1, he might just be pointing a small idea out
2, i have worked around this problem, if you are say replacing a race with a new one, then read directions "2A", if you are keeping the default 4 races and adding a new one, read only "2B"
2A:It is best to replace the race that has the same building form as the race you are trying to make, if it is naga, i suggest replacing night elf/undead.( If you dont like the user interface, simply download a new one, import it into your map, and follow the instructions on the interface page to install it into your map.)
Then you modify the existing town hall into one you would like. (If your techtree is not very different from the original, then instead of making new units, simply modify existing units. This will allow AI to use the custom race too.)
As for the workers that spawn, you can simply modify the workers of the race your modifying.

2B: More hard then 2A, and much more triggering: Use triggers to create a dialog box, using variables to determine what races are shown(if you ask nicely, i may make a test map) Then, use more variables to save which race is chosen through the clicking. Next, use triggers to delete any of the original starting units(you wanted to keep AI right?) that belonged to you, and triggers that create a new unit at the starting location aand another trigger to spawn workers. (If you are really new to world editor or triggering, just tell me and i will post a test map)

Level 3
1, he might just be pointing a small idea out
2, i have worked around this problem, if you are say replacing a race with a new one, then read directions "2A", if you are keeping the default 4 races and adding a new one, read only "2B"
2A:It is best to replace the race that has the same building form as the race you are trying to make, if it is naga, i suggest replacing night elf/undead.( If you dont like the user interface, simply download a new one, import it into your map, and follow the instructions on the interface page to install it into your map.)
Then you modify the existing town hall into one you would like. (If your techtree is not very different from the original, then instead of making new units, simply modify existing units. This will allow AI to use the custom race too.)
As for the workers that spawn, you can simply modify the workers of the race your modifying.

2B: More hard then 2A, and much more triggering: Use triggers to create a dialog box, using variables to determine what races are shown(if you ask nicely, i may make a test map) Then, use more variables to save which race is chosen through the clicking. Next, use triggers to delete any of the original starting units(you wanted to keep AI right?) that belonged to you, and triggers that create a new unit at the starting location aand another trigger to spawn workers. (If you are really new to world editor or triggering, just tell me and i will post a test map)

Ok, you have experience, i know it :ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:, that is not what i want but is awsome, i just wanna edit for a AI map that the Player one have the naga race but with some models and urbans centers i downloaded. Whit this, only the player one will have the custom race and the computer can use freely any race cuz it doesn't got the custom. But you have a solution in the 2A that works to me. Thaaaanks to all who try to help me on my bad-explained idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.