• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with my custom DISBTN icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys. I started experimenting with making custom icons yesterday, and I'm having trouble with getting the editor to recognize the DISBTN variants. I made a unit icon and some item icons which I'll link here.

They seem to work, but the problem is when the game is meant to load the DISBTN variant, it doesn't work, it just has a dark green icon (and it doesn't show the cooldown over the custom icons for items with spells). Is this a filepath issue or something to do with how I made the .blp files? I'd be very grateful for any help.

Attachments

• BTNGreenOrb.blp
    17.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DISBTNGreenOrb.blp
    11.8 KB · Views: 1
  • BTNShieldOfRejuvenation.blp
    17.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DISBTNShieldOfRejuvenation.blp
    12.1 KB · Views: 0
  • BTNBlueBoots.tga
    12 KB · Views: 0
  • DISBTNBlueBoots.tga
    12 KB · Views: 0
  • BTNAugur.blp
    18.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DISBTNAugur.blp
    12.4 KB · Views: 0

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
These are the import paths for a standard ability:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNIconName.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNIconName.blp
And with the introduction of Reforged you can now import your icons as .dds files:

Your .blp files will still work of course and with the proper filepaths that should fix the issue.

Edit: Also, it looks like you did something weird with your BTN icon's border as it's off centered. How exactly did you create and modify these icons?

Last edited:
Level 3
These are the import paths for a standard ability:

And with the introduction of Reforged you can now import your icons as .dds files:

Your .blp files will still work of course and with the proper filepaths that should fix the issue.

Edit: Also, it looks like you did something weird with your BTN icon's border as it's off centered. How exactly did you create and modify these icons?
I recolored them and manually cut them out to reverse them in photoshop, which I probably didn't do perfectly. I think they're off-center by like a pixel or two. Is that bad? :hohum:

Do you mind if I ask a follow-up question? I've been having a similar issue with models I imported which I reskinned in Retera, but the models are showing up in game with all-white textures. Do you know what filepath I ought to set for the custom skin?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I'd assume you want your icons to match the Warcraft 3 style perfectly, which shouldn't be an issue if you're doing it the correct way. Also, note that the Reforged icon border is different than the Classic icon border.

Anyway, your icons work fine using the proper path, at least the one I tested (GreenOrb). This was done on version 1.34.

The skins should work the same way, as long as you're using the proper filepath you won't have issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.