• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with Model Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to use the Crystal Infernal Model, and I change the custom path to ya know..Says like war3imported etc, but then I change it erase that so it says Crystal_Infernal.mdx or w/e, and it still doesnt show can anyone help with this? Like, then I go to set the model and he doesnt show him, and he gets a box around him.

Level 2
Ok so, importing the model or skin w/e of the crystal infernal, can someone please tell me what to do? Theres a few posts saying different things

Level 32
As Werewulf said, models themselves need no custom paths. For that model just use:
Code:
war3mapImported\Crystal_Infernal.mdx
war3mapImported\Crystal_Infernal_portrait.mdx
The model requires no custom texture paths either, all of its skins are included in war3x.mpq and so need not be imported or pathed.

Level 40
By the way, I'm surprised that noone else seems to have found this out, but if you save the map before you view what you imported (in the Object Editor, etc) you can see it afterwards. (aka you don't need to restart the WE, just save right after you import stuff). However, if you put in an incorrect path, you need to restart the editor after fixing it (if you found out the path was incorrect by viewing the model in the Object Editor)

Level 2
Ok:
I NEED HELP RIGHT NOW.
I import the two files, Crystal_Infernal.mdx and the other one, and I go to do it like wolf said and dont change path etc and it says cannot load, blah blah and it just gets this grey box can sum1 be nice enough to post EXACTLY what I have to do step by step?..

By the way, I'm surprised that noone else seems to have found this out, but if you save the map before you view what you imported (in the Object Editor, etc) you can see it afterwards. (aka you don't need to restart the WE, just save right after you import stuff). However, if you put in an incorrect path, you need to restart the editor after fixing it (if you found out the path was incorrect by viewing the model in the Object Editor)

So ye thinx u smart xD I knew about this long ago (sam told me)

Anyway, once model is loaded you cannot re-import (if youj have fixed something) with the same path, because model is already in cache.

TheVexTender: You are doing something wrong, but we don't know what.

What unit are you basing it off?

Level 32
The model requires no custom texture paths either, all of its skins are included in war3x.mpq and so need not be imported or pathed.
If you have properly imported the model, the only reasons that it wouldn't display are:
  1. The model has not been correctly assigned to a unit using the Object Editor.

2. You are using Warcraft III Reign of Chaos.

3. Your map's .mpq file and/or your war3x.mpq file itself have been damaged.
[off-topic] ~ Threads merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.