• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Manaverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This should be easy. Every time a hero attack an enemy unit, he has a chance to receive mana. Code below:
  • Manaverage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Demon Warlock
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Manaverage for DemonWarlock) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Manaverage = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
            • If - Conditions
              • Manaverage Less than or equal to 15
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to ((Mana of (Attacking unit)) + 20.00)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\AnimateDead\AnimateDeadTarget.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Manaverage for DemonWarlock) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Manaverage Less than or equal to 30
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to ((Mana of (Attacking unit)) + 40.00)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\AnimateDead\AnimateDeadTarget.mdl
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Manaverage for DemonWarlock) Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Manaverage Less than or equal to 45
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to ((Mana of (Attacking unit)) + 60.00)
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
I used 2 variables here:
  • Set DemonWarlock = (Attacking unit)
The variable above as specified at the Melee initialization trigger.
And
The code still wouldn't work. I think it has something to do with the beginning, but I'm not sure. Can someone help me with this?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Where is Set DemonWarlock = (Attacking unit) in the trigger? I cannot find it. If DemonWarlock is not defined when the trigger runs, it won't work. You probably should just put it at the beginning of the trigger.

A unit Is attacked is not a good event. It triggers everytime a unit starts attacking (attack animation starts). By rapidly using the stop command, a unit will start attacking very often without actually attacking.

It is better to use the damage event combined with a buff placing attack ability such as orb of corruption or poison.

Instead of copying the actions for every 3 levels, you can simply use another variable:
if (Level of Manaverage for DemonWarlock) Equal to 1
ManaverageChance = 15​
else
if (Level of Manaverage for DemonWarlock) Equal to 1
ManaverageChance = 30​
else
ManaverageChance = 45​

And then after that you can use the condition
if Manaverage Less than or equal to ManaverageChance
so you only have to write that once.

Level 6
That's a little bit complicated. I'll think of something else. Still, thanks Jampion.
Edit: I just thought there was a way to activate the code without the damage indicator, as it did seem possible.
I know that ManaaverageChance is another integer variable. I'll see if I can come up with a way to make the code work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.