• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Help with custom script gui

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Guys I'm doing some experiment where in I have two spells involved one based from Channel ability and one based from a unit spell.

The trigger is to create a dummy unit at the target point (I've done this) and create another one (I've also done this), both will last for 8 seconds,(here's the problem) the last created unit will be issued to cast a ability with a target point but the ability itself wasn't on the list so how do I order the unit to cast the specific spell? Thanks

You have to check out the order string of the custom ability in the object editor. You then select the matching order from the list.

"Channel" allows to define which order string you want to use. So if you select "blizzard" order string in the channel-based ability, just select "Hero Archmage: Blizzard" from the list of orders and it will cast properly.

Level 4
You have to check out the order string of the custom ability in the object editor. You then select the matching order from the list.

"Channel" allows to define which order string you want to use. So if you select "blizzard" order string in the channel-based ability, just select "Hero Archmage: Blizzard" from the list of orders and it will cast properly.

Sorry i forgot to mention that the ability is based on Monsoon and it wasn't on the list, I have the ability ID 852591 but I don't know how to use it :D also the other code that Identify the ability is 'A005' thanks :)

EDIT: I got the main spell based from Channel (which will be the ability to cast by the hero)

Last edited:
Sorry i forgot to mention that the ability is based on Monsoon and it wasn't on the list, I have the ability ID 852591 but I don't know how to use it :D also the other code that Identify the ability is 'A005' thanks :)

EDIT: I got the main spell based from Channel (which will be the ability to cast by the hero)
I don't know if "monsoon" is on the list (but I think it should).

If it indeed isn't anywhere in the list and you have the order ID, you can use this:
  • Set TempUnit = unit
  • Custom Script: call IssueImmediateOrderById(udg_TempUnit, 852591)
That is if monsoon is an instant no-target spell. I don't know about this; I never bothered with OE spells.

If it is a target spell, use this:
  • Set TempUnit = unit
  • Set Target = unit
  • Custom Script: call IssueTargetOrderById(udg_TempUnit, udg_Target, 852591)
if it is a point spell, use this:
  • Set TempUnit = unit
  • Set TempLoc = Location
  • Custom Script: call IssuePointOrderById(udg_TempUnit, GetLocationX(udg_TempLoc), GetLocationY(udg_TempLoc), 852591)
  • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

Level 4
I don't know if "monsoon" is on the list (but I think it should).

If it indeed isn't anywhere in the list and you have the order ID, you can use this:
  • Set TempUnit = unit
  • Set Target = unit
  • Custom Script: call UnitIssueTargetOrderById(udg_TempUnit, udg_Target, 852591)

Thanks, last question is UnitIssueTargetOrderById can be use with point target abilities?

EDIT: how about on NoTarget? thanks

EDIT: GREAT THANKS SOLVED :D

Last edited:
Level 4
oh wait still a problem here's the trigger

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Sigil Stone
  • Actions
    • Set ss_loc[0] = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Unit - Create 1 dummy-sigilstone for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ss_loc[0] facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add a 8.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Create 1 dummy-sigilstonestrike for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ss_loc[0] facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add a 8.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Set ss_strike = (Last created unit)
    • Custom script: call IssuePointOrderById(udg_ss_strike, GetLocationX(udg_ss_loc[0]), GetLocationY(udg_ss_loc[0]), 852591)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ss_loc[0])
edit: Error : Invalid argument type (real)

EDIT: I try to put the ability code between the caster and the target point and it works thank you so much :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.