• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Counting Multiple Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I don't know how well the title explained my question, but here's a little more information:

I'm trying to create a sort of FFA Wintermaul Wars map where players can actively choose who they are targetting w/ mobs. The catch is that the first person to get 30 mobs into your "castle" will take over your base. So my problem is that I have to have an integer array counting units for every player (8 players, so 8 integer arrays of 7/8).

Now of course I could figure out a way to do this by having a seperate integer array for each player and then creating 8 different triggers deciding who gets a point and where. However, I was wondering if there was any other way to do this, such as a sort of integer array "array" or something similar. Triggering 8 almost identical triggers seems like overkill. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if you need a better explanation of the system I'm implementing this into just ask.

Level 3
Lol okay, sorry. Basically, here's how it works:

8 players, each have their own "base" in a seperate side/corner of the map. In their base they build mazes of towers to kill incoming creeps.

These creeps are spawned by the opposing players and sent to a target base in hopes that they will survive the treck through the maze of towers and end up at the target player's castle.

The first person to get 30 creeps into one enemy castle will eliminate that player from the game, and take over their base.

My problem is this:
Each player requires their own integer array to track how many of their creeps have gotten into each of the enemy castles. In order for me to do this, I would have to create 8 different integer arrays (one for each player), and trigger each of them seperately.

So I was wondering if there is a simpler way than having 8 different integer arrays put into 8 different triggers (because it seems like a time consuming task). It seems to me like there should be a simpler way to implement a system like this, and I came here in hopes that I could find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.