• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Help with bugging Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I also made anothe rpost about this but was in the wrong section.So hello guys!
I'm making a new map (huge project) na di need some help in triggering.

To see what map I'm asking help for,here are some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EhDj...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaGSD6MQeR0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr46PQ_8-Vo

I made a light version of the map so you guys can test the bug i'm talking about and can open it in WE and try fix it (if possible).Models have been removed,so now it uses different models,but same triggers.

HERE A LINK TO THE DIRECT DOWNLOAD oF THE BUG TEST MAP VERSION:
http://filebeam.com/41bc10ed8d2293f7af4e2210ce62fe85

To test the bug correctly do these steps:

1.Start the map
2.Select your hero (goblin robot)
3.press any arrow key to test it and see that it works fine
4.take "grunt armor"
5.model changes into sea monster.
6.test arrow key movement works alright still.
7take other item without removing the one already equipped.
8.model changes into the new one,old item drops,movement system gets fu***d up!
9.take the item that dropped.
10.now even the model change gets bugged.
11.You can do other tests,and drop items again and see.

Is there a way to make the item restriction trigger so you have to drop your old chast armo to take a new one?

I really hope you guys have a solution for this.
Thanks in advance,Have a nice day!

EDIT:Also I am looking for an Expert/advanced triggerer,to help me with this.Anyone who want to be my triggerer (There is not much work,just i want triggers to be reviewed) will get huge credits,and a custom character in the map.Also Messanger would be awsome ,so comunication is easyer.

Last edited:
Level 3
I thought about that don't worrie,but my warcraft is in italian,and triggers also....so You won't understand that much if i copy them as a code.Thats why I uploaded the map....so you can open it and see triggers in english.It won't take more than 5 seconds to extract it...
Please...

Also Youtube videos are not obbligatory to bew watched.Theya re just a proof of what map I need help for.So you can see this is not a stupid/useless project.Is just a way to show you what your helping me for...

I'm very sorry if this is annoying you.

Also you don't have to search in triggers,couse i deleted all the non-bugging ones.Only bug-suspect triggers are still in the map.

Level 18
I'm opening it in JNGP as I am typing this. I'll upload some triggers so that they are in English.

• ArmorSet1 Wear
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c0000B300Grunt Armor|r
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add ArmorSet1 Wear to (Hero manipulating item)
      • Unit - Order (Hero manipulating item) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Storm Crow Form
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Remove ArmorSet1 Wear from (Hero manipulating item)
  • ArmorSet1 Remove
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
      • Unit - A unit Pawns an item (to shop)
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c0000B300Grunt Armor|r
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add ArmorSet1 Remove to (Hero manipulating item)
      • Unit - Order (Hero manipulating item) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Storm Crow Form
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Remove ArmorSet1 Remove from (Hero manipulating item)
  • ArmorSet2 Wear
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c00006FDDBeast Master's Leather Armor|r
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add ArmorSet2 Wear to (Hero manipulating item)
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Remove ArmorSet2 Wear from (Hero manipulating item)
  • ArmorSet2 Remove
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
      • Unit - A unit Pawns an item (to shop)
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c00006FDDBeast Master's Leather Armor|r
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add ArmorSet2 Remove to (Hero manipulating item)
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Remove ArmorSet2 Remove from (Hero manipulating item)
Okay the bug with the model isn't exactly a bug, but what exactly would you expect to happen when you've got a unit with several morph abilities. If you drop all of your items then the model reverts back into the Goblin Lumberjack. Picking up the Grunt Armor transforms you into a crab, and picking up the other armor transforms you into a villager. If you pick up the other armor while you are a crab then it transforms you into the Goblin because it's ordering the unit to de-morph (since you are ordering it to "Storm Crow Form"). From the looks of it you just crammed it all together and crossed your fingers that it would work.

I also would not recommend using Wait, ever. Though GUI isn't really my forte so I'm not one to judge what a good method of doing this would be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.