• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help ! Whit a spell ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unk

unk

Level 5
Hello guys ... i'm trying to make a spell :p and i got 2 problems ! ::vw_death:
First 1 : when i cast the spell. Well i cast it ... then if i try to cast it again(cd is 0 ) it doesn't work ! i mean i must w8 more 1 or 2 sec til i can cast it again even the cd is 0 .... :nemad:

Second problem : i added a special effect on it ( on the spell ) ! and its a buff >> the model is called "Abilities\Spells\Undead\Curse\CurseTarget.mdl" well ... it works :( but not as i want ... i mean i use the spell on a target .. it appears the effect ! .... but even after i kill the target the effect still remains .
Anyone can help me ? thank you ... sorry but i want to learn how to make them !!!

sry about the fail name ""whit"

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
About the time - are you sure your spell has 0.00 casting time? If it has - then your problem may be the 'Art - Animation - Cast Point' in the object editor. That sets how much time you have to wait before the hero/unit actually casts the spell (after you have clicked the spell's hotkey). Set the value to 0.00 and try. :)

Reactions: unk
Level 17
yea... it is a triggered speel .. u can download it to see ... :(

i checked but got no ideea because i tryed with 9999 missile speed too and checked and cooldown, duration everything was on 0 but still have that time

Edit:

its ability problem, somewhere have maybe a hidden cooldown

my advice try channel based abilities, i gived a example, u make dmg via trigger or try use different ability coz not example channel ability too let u to spam with ability

Attachments

• First spell.w3x
    24.8 KB · Views: 36
Level 17
shadowvzs ... ty for trying to help me but that didn't work :(

u got problem with that channel ability what i posted in uploaded map?
at me worked fine (but i cant fix the existing abilities just i say do same ability on different ability, example if u want mountain king hammer trow stun then use channel ability, death coil or anything just change the visual things and use trigger for stun [create dummy,add stun to dummy and order to ur target])

Status
Not open for further replies.