Help wanted!! Experienced World editors needed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey guyes this is my first post.
I love editing and making maps.
id say that im ok,
not too good,
not too bad either,
with a little polish i beloeve i caoud become a great editor
(like ruler of iron)
I need help with a map i am making.
Basicly here is the problem-
i want the computer players locked, so that you cannot change them.
any 1 know how to do it???

--lanching a beta of my map soon--
the reson for the beta is because i need ideas and new features.
so pls check it out when i release it and i would really love to hear some ideas
Check out other maps by me.( i would love some 1 to comment on them)

Also i want a trigger that does
-unit can only pick up one item of item type campaign
-if unit picks up a second item of item type campaign drop that item

Ty in advance

Last edited:
Level 7
Hello and welcome to the Hive, cool_is_i! Unlike you, am more of an expert map-maker, average on all standards in the World Editor. Also I would like to know the name of your map. :thumbs_up:

And maybe if you give us whats it about or what does it have, and we can tell you how you can improve the map you are doing. Its good to have map-makers here on the Hive as well. :wink:

Note: BE CAREFUL! WARNING! Do not double-post! :thumbs_down: Trust me it will be mistook as increasing your post count. But in this case, its alright since your new to the Hive, just try not to do it again just use the Edit Post button to change what you say. Moderators can you merge his posts? :confused:

Anyways good luck and have a fun time and follow the rules. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Greetings cool_is_i. Thanks for joining the site! Our Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 8
Welcome to the Hive

If you haven't figured it out yet, to lock computer players:
Go Scenario->Player Properties; Set the stuff up there if you haven't already; Click across to Forces; Click both Use Custom Forces and Fixed Player Settings; If you haven't already, set the forces now. Usually its good to have all players in Force 1 and all computer in Force 2 (at least, that's how I do it).
This will fix everything to make sure no human players assume the roles of the computer ones.
I overcomplicate things without knowing it sometimes, but this should work. :wink:

Level 12
Thx Ember_naga, for the warning.:thumbs_up:
Tecnecly i am not really new here, i use models and all sorts of resources from this website it awsom.:grin::grin:
However i have just recently created an account here.
I might not be so noob as u think though just check my maps n see.:angry:

Gauntlet2021 u know what uv done?!?!?!?!?:hohum:

uv just increased the quality of all my maps i make in the future by 30%
:infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:

Oo n i almost forgot to ask
how do i edit my profile???

Last edited:
Level 4
lol its kinda complicated to edit profile i always forget :p but heres a handy thing i use click on your own name :) ull eventually get to your profile if you do some well placed clicks! OH HOW RUDE i forgot to welcome you to the hive. . .well. . .WLECOME :) if you want any help on ANYTHIGN ask me im not pro but i aint nooby either :) ciao fella!

Status
Not open for further replies.