• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] (Help!) Trigger-Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello HiveWorkShop Community

I'm actually building a little Funmap just for some friends and me to play on Lan or something like that.

I'm doing very well, the mapping is nearly finished and the hero's are done too, but I found a little problem:

I started mapping years ago, but I never really used the triggersystem and now I got some little problem with it. I'm working on a spell and... well, the spell works... it does what it should do ... but it doesn't cost Mana anymore or cause an cooldown, so that you could simply spam it...

I tried out alot but I can't find the mistake in my trigger! (And it must be the trigger... the spell without the trigger works pretty fine ... with manacosts, cooldown and so on.)

Could you please help me? (Just as a little notice: Sry for bad english, I'ma from germania... and I don't use and mods for the Editor, just the standart Blizzardthing)

Attachments

• Trigger.jpg
    Trigger.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 83
Level 3
Okay... that was easy.... worked, thank you! :D

Just as a little edit-question: How can I make the Unit using the ability look at it's target, not looking in the direction of the target?

Level 6
Okay... that was easy.... worked, thank you! :D

Just as a little edit-question: How can I make the Unit using the ability look at it's target, not looking in the direction of the target?

Animation>Lock body-part facing
  • Animation - Lock Caster's Head to face Target, offset by (0.00, 0.00, 90.00)
Remember to reset it also

Edit: Or looping to look at the angle

Level 3
Mmh... let's say: That didn't really worked out... when the Caster appears at "Ziel[2]" (Target's Position) it's not turned to it's direction. Even by changing the "Moce Caster instantly [...] it just wont work properly...
Yeah, the Animation - Lock [...] locks the Head (And after adding) also the body to the target, but the legs are always turned into another direktion, making it look ridiculous...

My new approach is to set a 3t point just next to Point 2, facing Point 2... but that also doesn't workthis very well...

Uhm, I don't know how a loop works or should work in this part, so that I didn't tried it out...

But thank you for your help so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.