• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] help spell data zombie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
haj I’m a noob at making spells and I’m making a zombie spell where when the zombie hit a creature the creature gets zombie infected where it gets damage over time and then it dies it becomes a zombie.
but there a no spell in the game that as the data to do this. so how can i add a data line to my spell. because it needs damage over time, summon and passive.

doom lord does, but i asume he doesnt know how to order a doomlord cast on attack?, although doomlord also has other major bugs.. (disabling spells, and whatnot), i would suggest parasite, it is autocastable, so you wouldnt actually have to trigger anything as zombies should try and cast it auto.. (although thats technically not on attack, its the best you can do without coding)

Level 1
no that’s doom and he's not doom lord he’s pit lord.
and then Parasite is better where you can right click and the zombie use it at itself. But that's not what I’m looking for. it need to be a passive and it happens then the zombie hits like poison but that doesn’t make it to a new zombie then it dies. so is there a way ware I can put in more data in the spell

Level 19
Look into the "orb of corruption" ability, i believe thats what you want. Its a passive that acts exactly as you said (creates x unit after kill).

Then again, you could do a trigger to check when a unit is killed and owner of killer = zombies than spawn 1 zombie

about the damage over-time.. is it a unit ability or a hero? (you have to leanr the hero ones)

If its a unit, give it the orb of corruption, set the duration to 0 (infinite, if it doesnt allow 0 hold shift and put 99999999999999999) but also give it a poison that acts as the DPS. The orb of corruption will not show up because it is an item ability

Level 1
i sold it i usest parasite and put it in "ability default active ability"
like i seid i a noob so i did't know about "ability default active ability"
but thanks eney way

Status
Not open for further replies.