• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mass zombies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I am making a mass zombie map.The zombies going from outside of map and attacking to the middle of map,where is player's base.Here is lot of zombies like 100 - 200.
The problems what i want to fix:

1) zombies attack to moving units or units/buildings, that have attack damage, they just ignoring other units.
2) if zombies moving they stopping (something like lagging) and they dont attacking, you can just moving around him and they dont attack to you, only if you holding your position.

Is there any way how to fix it?Maybe with triggers?I tryed fix it by triggers and it work only from 50%.
I want it like this:
1) Zombies will moving with 120 turn speed, and when they see enemye (building,unit), they get 400 moving speed and they'll attack to him.

Level 10
First of all, I've got to say that your post is very hard to understand. But I'll try and help you.
This trigger causes your specific sort of unit to Move-Attack at the center of the map every 5 second of the game:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to ''Your Unit'')) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of (Playable map area))
You fill out ''Your Unit'' with whatever you call you zombies.

Level 20
@z00rtaz
His problem is that when he orders huge amount of units to attack-move,the units go for a bit and then stop,and repeat this action.

It's Warcraft AI problem,picking all units and ordering them to do same action will cause them to behave weird. Maybe if you would make group of zombies,and pick each of them,not all at once,maybe it would work.

Level 15
yea you dont understand,maybe its my english :D
well, if its AI problem and if its made in game engine, its impossible to fix, also with trigger it works, but only for 50 %.
I used the Pick every unit, it works, but it picking lot of units and after it lagging, and twice problem is, zombies trying to attack me in the middle of barricades where i am saved with worker and they dont attacking to the barricades and just stopping before them...
Also if i add attack to the barricades for example 1 - 1, zombies attacking to the barricades, but they still want kill me first...

Super-Sheep: And the limit is?

EDIT: Maybe is there some other thing how tell zombies to attack enemyes from other side of map...

Status
Not open for further replies.