• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help SAVE/LOAD orpg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I need a save/load feature for an RPG im working on - i don't want to do too much to my map then realise half of it has to be changed in order for it to have a working save/load system.

Information needed to be saved:
Hero
Hero Class
Warrior, Assassin, Mystic, Sorcerer, Druid, Cleric
Hero Race
Tauren, Human, Nightelf, Orc, Undead, Naga
Hero Items
6 slots
Hero Level
Integer 1 to 100
Hero XP
Integer 1 to 200,000
Hero Skills
Three skills with a maximum level of 20 each
Inventory
Backpack Items
Invulnerable unit with 6 Slots
Profession
Profession
Jewelcraft, Magical Enhancement, Itemsmith, Alchemy
Profession Items
Invulnerable unit with 6 Slots
Profession Level
Integer 1 to 250
Profession Resources
Integer Lumber Resource 1 to 5000
Profession Skills Levels
Three skills with a max of level 6 each.
Guild/Clan/Cadre
Chosen Guild
Thieves, Merchants, Royal Magicians, Gladiators, Vampire Cult
Guild Skills
Three skills with a max level of 10 each.
Guild Missions
Five quests for every Guild
Quests
Quests
100 quests non-repeatable.
32 quests repeatable with reward.
18 quests repeatable without reward.
Game Score and XP
Game XP
Integer 1 to 500
Game Score
Integer 1 to 32000

Thats all i can think of that a Player needs to be able to save for use in other games.

Will it be possible?

Level 3
Im thinking he wants it were if you complete a unrepeatable quest then save, that when you load you get the quest marked as completed so that you cant do it more than once for one char. If thats how he wants it, itd be quite easy.

Level 35
Ya if thats what he want... but he talks about those 3 types of quest... but ya only one of them aint repeatable, trouble is just...lets say the quest is kill the big ugly beast... he would still be able to do so, which means you have to make some conditions for every quest saying if quest already is marked as completed dont accept quest, and dont give reward, but still, others cant complete the quest either.....the monster is dead, and if it is an unreapeatble quest the monster doesnt respawn... quest marked as completed.. none can take it...solving this will be hard......So ya you could mark the quest as completed when he loads, but then it would be marked for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.