• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help Please, Two Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Problem 1: Can you make doodads(props) visible in fog and if so, how?

Problem 2:( SOLVED ) I made an ability based off "Orb of Lightning (new)" and set the following:
Data - Chance To Hit Heros 5%
Data - Chance To Hit Summoned 5%
Data - Chance To Hit Units 5%
Data - Damage Bonus 0
Data - Effect Ability Custom Ability

Custom Ability: I based it off "Slow Poison" and set the following:
Data - Attack Speed Factor 1.00
Data - Damage Per Second 10.00
Data - Movement Speed Factor 1.00
Stats - Buffs Flame Strike
Stats - Duration(both) 10.00

The problem is, these are all on a ring item by the way, I set the chance to hit to 5% but it hits every time and even though the "Effect Ability" is set to my custom ability, it uses the "Slow Poison" buff and shows the "Slow Poison" icon on my hero when item is equiped.

It also slows the movement speed and attack speed of the "attacked" when using even though the "Movement Speed Factor" is set to "1.00".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I explained everthing good enough and this is not too long. Please let me know if I left anything out that you need to know.

Thanks for your help and patience.:thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 7
1.00 means 100% i think, set it to 0. And i don't think its possible to use passive abilities as a % chance with orb of lightning, Try using Shadow Strike instead, should work (since i did it before in a map). Good Luck.

You are right about the "1.00 means 100%", thanks.:thumbs_up:

Do you mean use "Shadow Strike" to replace the "Orb of Lightning" ability or the "Slow Poison'" ability?

If you mean to replace the "Orb oof Lightning" ability, it won't work becase it doesn't give me the option of putting in a % chance to hit.

The item needs to have a 5% chance to add on fire damage every time your hero hits an enemy while carrying the ring.

Level 5
shadow strike or acid bomb as a base spell for DoT on your orb of lightning, acid bomb if you dont want the damage numbers to show.

change the buffs to whatever fire buff you want and the missle buff as well.

and 1 more thing, for acid bomb if you want to put a slow onto a target you have to use negative values, positive values increase the speed instead of decreasing for acid bomb.

Level 7
shadow strike or acid bomb as a base spell for DoT on your orb of lightning, acid bomb if you dont want the damage numbers to show.

change the buffs to whatever fire buff you want and the missle buff as well.

and 1 more thing, for acid bomb if you want to put a slow onto a target you have to use negative values, positive values increase the speed instead of decreasing for acid bomb.

Works now!:grin: Thanks for the help.:thumbs_up:

Problem 2 SOLVED

+ rep to both of you

------------------------------------------------------

Still need help with Problem 1 :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.