• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Missile splash not applying buffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,

I'm making changes for the BlizzardTD map. There is a tower called "poison tower level 1 (tier 1)". It has a slow poison ability.

When I change the tower's weapon type to missile splash, the slow poison buffs are not being applied, enemies aren't being slowed.

I have set all the 3 lines of AOE with random numbers, I also added the AOE targets allowed line.
Then in the abilities tab, I also added some AOE for the slow poison ability. Also added, "data - stacking type = damage, movement"

The map contains an AOE cold tower with slow ability but I cannot change the movement speed factor with that ability. The line doesn't exist in the ability tab.
So I switched the abilities for both towers but no results.

I'm looking for a tower that does AOE damage with slowing enemies movement speeds by 75+%.

Thanks in advance.

Level 37
The map contains an AOE cold tower with slow ability but I cannot change the movement speed factor with that ability. The line doesn't exist in the ability tab.

It's under the "Gameplay Constant" tab.
Capture.PNG

As far as your problem goes, I don't use object editor stuff that much, so I would be of no use :(

Level 12
As far as I know, it only affects the ability "Frost Attack". So anything with the Frost Attack ability will be affected.

It changes the default "cold" slow. This applies when a unit attacks a unit with the frost armour buff (from the lich hero) and cold attacks I think. I think it also uses this buff for frost nova. I am not sure if there is anything else, but basically any time units turn blue and are slowed from a cold effect.

Creating a missile splash with some kind of on-hit effect is probably easiest with a DDS. Just check the unit type when the damage is dealt and then have a dummy cast a slow spell on the units.

Level 3
Well that worked fine. I never knew there was one in the gameplay constants. Thanks KILLCIDE.

Anyway what about the slow poison? Any ways to make it hit a pack of units and slowing them all down?

Level 12
Well that worked fine. I never knew there was one in the gameplay constants. Thanks KILLCIDE.

Anyway what about the slow poison? Any ways to make it hit a pack of units and slowing them all down?

I don't think so unless you plan to spawn dummy units to attack all the enemies that should be hit. It would probably be easier to spawn dummy units in a line that cast thunderclap, but that can get a little laggy (spamming the terrain deforming spells causes a lot of lag).

The best solution is definitely with a damage detection system. It would be useful for many other things as well.

Level 12
I think that can be done in Object Editor, take example of the Frost wyrm she can slow down a pack of units inside an area, without triggers

From what I understand, the goal is to make a missile splash effect - as in, it would be like the ability shockwave, except it would apply buffs to everything it hits.

This can very easily be done with a damage detection system with something like breath of fire. You just check for the fire buff (which you can make your own custom buff) in the system and then remove it and have a dummy cast slow on the unit. I'm sure it could also work by just checking the unit type of the unit that deals the damage.

The easiest way without a damage detection system is still going to be using dummies, and it might be abusable by spamming stop with the tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.